+31

Charlotte’s POV

The rain dripped down the window, slowly sliding down until it disappeared from my view.  Outside the skies mimicked the tears that fell on my sister’s face. She still hadn’t spoken, but when we talked at the car park I was able to find things out. Only she and I knew what was being said through the small gestures we made towards each other.

We were almost back to Framlingham and I was going to be dropped off at Ed’s parent’s house. I hated the fact that the place I had called home was now the place I couldn’t stand. “Are you sure you don’t want to come back to my mum’s Charlotte?” Lewis had been holding my hand the whole car ride, but I hadn’t talked to anyone since Ed left.

I shook my head, feeling that it was best if I spent some time alone. “Well how about you go over to James’? I know he’d love to see you.” It seemed as though none of them wanted me to be alone at Ed’s house. They all knew it would be hours until someone got home to keep me from coping the way I usually do.

“Sure.” I replied, my voice raspy and quiet from not using it. He gently squeezed my hand and I laid my head on his shoulder, my eye’s meeting Niall’s in the mirror. Although I couldn’t see his mouth I knew he was smiling at me and no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t not smile. My mouth curled into a grin, “There’s the smile I’ve been waiting for.”

Looking down I saw Niall’s hand holding Rach’s and I knew that he liked her. A drunken heart to heart revealed that, but he’d never go for it. None of us would approve and well he just isn’t Rach’s type. He had a good head on his shoulders and knew that trying to date a girl who’s boyfriend just died wasn’t a good idea.

The only sound for the rest of the ride was made by Lewis speaking to Niall as he navigated him to our new destination. His phone kept vibrating and I assumed it was texts from James and Ed both responding to the new plan. After a few minutes we pulled up to a place I’d never been before, but I realized it was James’ new place. He was standing in the sprinkling rain waiting for us to arrive. Lewis asked me to stay by the car as we both exited. He needed to talk to James before I went inside.

As I looked at James I noticed a huge difference in his overall appearance. He had made a promise to me when I left the hospital. If I would promise not to do drugs he’d stop. He looked like the young James I had known years prior except he had matured a lot. His normally long brown hair was short, in a faux hawk fade style. He was wearing a short sleeved shirt that showed outlined his rather fit body; a six pack showing underneath.

He caught me staring and gave me a smile, showing off his perfectly white teeth that looked amazing with his chocolate brown eyes. I could feel my face turning bright red as I looked down, fiddling with my phone. Nothing would happen between us and I knew that, but James still had a way to make me seem like I was special.

“Char, c’mon.” He waved me over and I looked at him again, blushing still. I dreaded walking over there, in fear that I might end up doing something stupid in front of him. Alas when I got there, nothing happened. He lazily slung his arm over my shoulder, fingers relaxing on my arm. “I’ll take her from ‘ere Lewis.” I stared up at him as he winked at Lewis.

Lewis kissed me gently on the top of the head, “We will come and pick you up before James goes to work alright?” I nodded, leaning into James’ body. Behind him the others waved, Niall being the only one to give me a smile. “Bye Pips.”

I waved, watching him walk back to the car. “Let’s get ya inside babe. Don’t want cha ta get sick.” He led me into the house, which was a huge upgrade from the flat. The whole place was white and open with brand new modern furniture inside. The kitchen had a large island in the middle with sparkling appliances and counter tops. The staircase led upstairs to the rooms in the house, the only part that was completely private.