+27

Ed’s POV

Charlotte’s breathing pattern had become slow and relaxed. I felt some comfort knowing that she could sleep with me there. Stuart texted me saying he canceled all but one of the interviews, that one would take place at the show tonight.  I replied saying okay and went back to rubbing Charlotte’s back.

Her head was directly over my heart, hand gently gripping the shirt I had on. Looking at her reminded me of Will in a sense. All three children looked alike: perfect mixtures of their parents. As I laid there with Charlotte I started thinking about my last conversation with Will. It was strange to think that it had taken place over two months ago.

Charlotte and Will appeared from the direction of the car park. They were talking to each other and it made me happy to see them smiling. I waved in their direction, making sure that they would see me. Will appeared in front of me, setting down Charlotte’s bags and asking to talk quick.  I nodded and we moved from her sights.

He put his hand on my shoulder, “Listen mate, I know I’ve been a dick head to you in the past because of everything that happened,” He paused, taking a second to breathe, “but I just wanted to let you know I forgive you and I want you back as my best mate.” He gave me his signature smile, holding his hand out for a hand shake.

I gladly took it and he pulled me into a hug, “It’s good to have you back Sheeran. I was starting to become the sappy one of the group.” He shivered, “Was starting to get the shit taken out of me by Ally and Andrew.”

“Those two have always been shit talkers,” I replied, shaking my head at him. Things became silent as Will seemed to be deep in thought.

He took in a deep breath and started to speak; “Now I wanted to tell this to you before I spoke to Charlotte because I’m afraid of her reaction.” A serious look washed over his face before he pulled out a small piece of paper. He unfolded the picture to reveal an ultrasound. “Rachel is pregnant.”

I smiled, patting him on the back, “Fucking hell mate. That’s great news.” He gave out a sigh of relief and a smile, “Fuck I’m glad that you aren’t pissed off.”

“Why would I be pissed off?” I questioned, slightly understanding why he might think that but not wanting to assume things.

He put the paper back into his pocket, “Well because of, well, ya know.” I nodded, “And I’m afraid to tell Charlotte because I don’t want her to be hurt. So I was wondering if you could maybe find out how she is feeling about the whole thing so I can tell her without making her upset.” He scratched the back of his neck nervously.

“Yeah. I will do that for you mate. All you had to do was ask.” His face brightened up and he gave me a shoulder hug.

“Thank you and I just wanted to talk about one more thing.” I nodded, looking him in the eyes, “Take care of her Sheeran. She’s afraid of going over there and I don’t think my talking did much good. Just comfort her and be there for her. I trust you again,” He patted me on the back, “And I really don’t want to lose you as a friend again.”

“I promise I will mate.” We smiled at each other, doing out secret handshake and walking back over to Charlotte. I knew he’d want to give his brotherly speech and hug her. Stuart and I grabbed the bags, bringing them to where the rest of ours were before I walked back over. Charlotte turned to me, tears in her eyes and grabbed my hand. I looked over at Will giving him a small wave as he winked at me. Charlotte and I headed to the terminal.

Stuart’s voice filled my head, “Ed. Hey. Wake up.” I rubbed my eyes tiredly, stretching my arms over my head and looking at him, “Hmm?” My voice was raspy, my mouth feeling dry.