CH.4

Alyssa's POV

He was the last person I would have expected to be here. He has been locked up for so long I could barely recognize him,but I could never forget that crooked looking smirk. It was my uncle Fletcher.

3 years ago he was locked up in jail for sexual harassment, assault,and murder. The thing is that I used to have an older sister..her name was Miranda. Even though she was 3 years older than I was we got along great. We were more like best-friends than sisters. She was always there for me when I needed her.

But on April 15, she was taken from me. You see when I was 13, Tristen was 15, and Miranda was 16, my mom and dad were never home,like now a days, so we would always stay with my uncle Fletcher since he was the only one in our family that lived here in the U.S.

He was a bit creepy and over protective in a way...but we thought nothing of it. That night I was outside looking up at the stars when i faintly heard my sister screaming. I darted inside, but I stayed quiet. I followed her faint cries and sobs to the guest bedroom,where me and my sister stayed. What I saw scared me forever.....

I was disrupted from my thoughts when a tall man towered over me. He was too close for comfort so I backed away.
"Miss me caterpillar?" he said with a smirk. When I was young he always used to call me Caterpillar, I hated the nickname, and I hated him..

"What are you doing here? How did you find out where we lived?" I said trying not to let my fear take over my voice. "Well it wasn't that hard, all I did was follow the trail of failure and disappointment and it led me to you." he said with a sneer.
He pulled my hair roughly, and I let out a faint whimper." What do you want?" I said with a shaky tone. I cant believe he found me.. I cant believe he found us.
He was about to say something, but I heard a faint mocking jay ringtone in the background. It was my moms cellphone, which means she is home early. Thank God! My uncle took note of this and fled, but not before a grabbed me by the hair and got real close to my face.
" Ill come back for my useless Caterpillar later,and if you tell anyone I was here, I will kill you and your family." he said with a growl. He then through me to the ground and I fell with a thump. When I opened my eyes he was gone. How the hell did he find me!? I haven't seen him in 3 years! He is supposed to be in jail for life! How the hell did he escape the damn prison!

My thoughts were all clouded and I couldn't think straight. I looked at the clock in the kitchen and it was now 12:30. I must have blacked out. But then I realized that I heard moms ringtone when my uncle was here. I looked outside, but my moms car had not yet been parked in the drive way yet. What the hell made That sound?

I was so tired I just shook it off. Remind me to be extra cautious these next couple of days. I dragged myself upstairs and into my bed. Once my head hit the pillow, my vision instantly went black.

Luke's POV.

I finally put away the rest of my things. I have to admit America is cool and all ,but I miss Australia. I miss the lads,it just feels weird without them here. My mom decided to register me for school for next week instead of this week. She said that she would need my help unpacking and stuff like that. And of course I didn't decline the idea of not going to school for a whole week. I needed my rest.

I was Skyping the lads when I heard a knock at the door. I was gonna get it but my mom said she had it. I faintly heard a girl's voice talking to my mom. She sounded around my age..maybe she is cute. No bad Luke! You can't think about that! You still love Aleisha!
Yes I still love Aleisha, it's just hard to forget about her. Just thinking about her made my heart hurt. We dated for a year,and it broke my heart when I heard she was cheating on me. Actually no that's and under statement, my heart was shattered into a million pieces. She was my first true love.

"Luke you there mate?" my friend Calum said through the computer. I completely forgot I was still Skyping him and the lads.
"Huh, oh..yeah..I'm still here"
"You were thinking about Aleisha again weren't you?" I could see the sadness in his eyes. I couldn't say anything. All I did was nod.
"Come on mate you have to forget about her. She is in your past. You need to move on. I want my old pal back." Ashton said pleading with his eyes.

It's true. I need to move on,but I just can't. I've never been myself since me and Aleisha broke up. I guess I just block everyone out now a days.I zone out a lot,its like when someone is speaking to me their words go in through one ear and out the other.

"Luke you are out of it again." Michael said with a sigh. " Well we have to go, Calum's mum just finished cooking dinner. We'll Skype you later, okay mate?" Ashton said with a toothy smile. I could never understand how that guy is so happy all the time.
I nodded and shut my laptop.

I was about to head to the bathroom when my mum walked in.
"Luke there is someone I want you to meet downstairs." She was grinning. Why was she grinning?
"Mum I don't want to.." I said. I was not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. I just want to use the bathroom then come back here and listen to music.
"Luke you're coming downstairs now." Her smile now faded and was replaced with a stern look on her face. I knew I wasn't getting out of this one.

I followed my mum downstairs to the front door. There stood a girl. She was gorgeous. She had dark brown curly hair and brown eyes. I could tell that she had a retainer cause I could see the faint lines of it across her teeth when she smiled. She had a cute button nose too. She actually reminded me a lot of Aleisha. Except the eye and the hair color was different. But her face structure was all the same. It actually hurt me even more,seeing her resemble Aleisha that much. Yet,I felt a different feeling than I ever felt when I was with Aleisha. I'm more confused than ever right now, and I don't know why.

I was silent.
"Alyssa this is my son Luke,Luke this is Alyssa,she is one of our new neighbors." My mum said with a smile.

"Oh...Umm..hi, I actually live next store." She said in a quiet voice. I could tell she was blushing a bit cause her face was turning a bit pink.

"Luke show some respect." My mum said with a strict tone. I still couldn't form words. What is up with me? It's just some random girl that I hardly know. All I know is that her name is Alyssa and that she is my neighbor. Nothing more. My mum was now glaring at me.

This won't end well.