CH.15

3rd Person POV.

Everyone knows that Alyssa's parents went to Japan on a business trip and were supposed to get back Sunday. What no one knew was that Mr. And Mrs. Sawyer were coming home early from Japan.

They drive to the airport and boarded plane number 411. There were about 143 passengers on board.

After about 2 hours up in the air, a gear broke loose in the plane, causing both pilots to loose control. The plane crashed near Harbin,China 24 hours before Alyssa got the news.

FBI agents along with their forensic teams estimated about 215 deaths all together, which included Everyone on the plane and innocent civilians.

They examined the plane and saw that the gear that broke loose didn't break loose coincidentally, but it was tampered with.

No one knows who or why they did it. The forensic teams say that it will take at least a year or two to get any sort of DNA off of the gear and it's parts.

All they know is that this crash could have been prevented.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Alyssa's POV.

I woke up to the feeling of a damp wash cloth being dabbed onto my forehead. I looked up. There was Luke on his knees gently placing the washcloth onto my head.

He didn't seem to notice that I had awoken. I was still hurt by him, but I couldn't help but stare. He was flicking his lip ring with his tongue and scrunching up his eyebrows as he focussed on the my forehead.

I slowly sat up, which startled Luke for a second since he backed up. I could see worry in his eyes,not only that, but I could see hurt as well.

"Wh...what are you doing here?" I said with a shaky voice as I pulled my knees to my chest. "I don't want you here."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Luke's POV.

Me and the lads just walked off the bus. We were still laughing about a joke Calum had said earlier.

I was still worried about Alyssa though. She has skipped school all week. She has to be ignoring us. She hasn't contacted me at all. What did I do? Why is she ignoring us?

I looked at Calum and saw that he had stopped. He was focussing on something in the distance. I directed myself in the direction of where he was looking, then I saw it. There was a police car in Alyssa's drive way, this can't be good.

I ran to Alyssa's house ,and once I reached her drive way I heard a loud thump. I jogged to the front door. I saw a police man on his knees, shaking someone while saying," Mam, mam wake up!"

I looked closer and saw that Alyssa was on the floor in the door way. I immediately rushed to her side. I checked her pulse, thank god she was still breathing. She must have just passed out.

I looked at the officer with pleading eyes. I think he got the signal that I wanted to know how and why this happened. Then he told me everything.
-.-.-.-.-

Alyssa was now on her couch. I had picked her up and laid her down there. I then put a wet cloth on her forehead.

I can't believe what had happened to Alyssa's parents. I'm pretty sure Alyssa doesn't know the whole story. The officer said she passed out before he could tell her how it happens and when.

She has been unconscious for about an hour. I had asked the officer if we should bring her to the hospital, but he said no. He said it wasn't severe enough to need medical attention, and that she should be awake in 1-2 hours.

It was now 4:00. I told the lads that I would talk to them later. I went to the living room and saw how peaceful she looked. I went by her side and took the cloth off her head.

I then started to dab her forehead. She had a small bump due to the impact of her fall.

I kept thinking how bad it must be for her,to loose her parents like that. It could have been prevented too. I then decided that I would be here for her no matter what. Even if she pushed me away, I'd be there.

Sadly, I still had to approach her about Brent. Everything about that guy gets my blood boiling. How could she ever be dating a guy like him? It makes no since to me.

I was so focussed in my own thoughts that I hadn't realized Alyssa was awake. When she sat up it frightened me a bit.

"Wh...what are you doing here?" She said with a shaky voice as She pulled her knees to her chest. "I don't want you here."

And that, that is what broke me. How could she not want me here? I've done nothing to her. "W..why don't you want me here?" It hurt, it really did. "You should no why!" She snapped at me.

"No Alyssa I don't know why! All I know is that you have been ignoring me and the Lads. All I know is that you lied to me!" I was fuming. How can she be mad at me?

She is the one that lied to me about having a relationship with Brent! I know I said I would t jump to conclusions but I can't take it anymore.

"What did I lie about Luke!?" I could see she was furious, but so was I. "You and Brent! Brent came up to me in P.E Monday saying you and him were dating! That you were just using me and the lads! That you never cared for any of us, especially me!" A single tear slipped out of my eye.

She became quiet. She looked hurt. "Luke...I'm not dating Brent. I did at one point yes, but it was the worst mistake I had ever made. I ended it a month before you moved here." She turned to face away from me.

She was no longer shouting. She just sat there, she looked so fragile, like someone had just stripped her of all her energy and light.

"I..I didn't know. I thought..he made it sound so believable." I can't believe I believed that arse. I knew I should have known that Alyssa wouldn't do that.

Out of no where she snapped out of her thoughts and the yelling once again began. " Why would you even care anyway! Even if I was dating Brent you wouldn't give a shit!"

"What are you.." She cut me off before I could finish. "Don't even say you don't know what I'm talking about!" She was now crying yet yelling at the same time." If you 'don't know' then go look for yourself! You didn't think I would find about what you said!?"

"Alyssa, what are you talking about!" She is blaming something on me and I don't know what the hell it is. "The paper! It was thrown at me when I was getting off the bus Monday afternoon. It was from Kenzie and it says everything! Go look for yourself!" She has now gotten off the couch and went upstairs. I then heard a door slam, then lock behind her.

What is she talking about? Where am I even supposed to look? Then it clicked. The bus stop, the paper she was talking about must be there.

I exited her house and ran to the stop. I have been looking for about ten minutes and so far nothing. As I was about to give up, I spotted something in the bush. It was a small balled up piece of paper.

I pulled it out, unwrapped it then read.
-.-.-.-.-
Alyssa's POV.

I heard the front door slam. It was then that I knew that Luke was gone. He probably isn't even gonna bother looking for the paper. I walked downstairs and sat back onto the couch.

I sat there watching tv for about 15 minutes. To be honest I wasn't actually watching it. I was mostly crying and thinking.

I knew Luke was too good to be true. Now he has left me like everyone else. Then it hit me. My parents, they are gone. I cried some more, not even trying to hold the waterfall of tears as they slid down my cheeks.

Out of no where, the front door flew open. There stood Luke. He looked like he had been crying, then I glanced at his hands and saw that he was clutching a crumbled piece of notebook paper. I stood up. Not knowing what to do.

I didn't expect the events that occurred next. Before I could move towards the stairs,Luke ran up to me and engulfed me in a huge hug. Not knowing what to do I hugged him back.

My back was wet, thenI knew Luke was crying even more. I let a few tears slip my eyes as well. It was in that moment that I knew he was special. I knew that what Mackenzie has written and said was a lie.

He had come back. No one ever comes back. In that moment I knew we were connected, I knew that I loved him.