CH.11

Alyssa's POV.

Luke and I walked onto the bus,as we did we were greeted by many stares from people on the bus. They were obviously looking at Luke. Either that or they were looking at my ugly arse face, either one wouldn't be surprising to me. "Hey Alyssa! Who is your cute new friend," she says eyeing Luke then winking," if he is too disgusted to be near you or gets tired of your ugliness just tell him I'm here anytime." She eyes him up and down like bait.

I turned to Luke to see him rolling his eyes. I did the same. I hate Kenzie. She has always had it out for me. Luckily she didn't say anything too bad that I can't deal with. Trust me she has said much worse. I was relieved when she didn't end up tripping me as usual when I make my way into the overcrowded bus. I could tell Luke wanted to talk about what had happened back there with Kenzie and why, but I think he knew I didn't want to talk about it right now. I'm thankful for that.

I lead Luke to my usual seat at the back of the bus. Seat 12 to be exact. We sat down ,and I couldn't help but notice that Luke is clearly seen over the seat, from his shoulders up. I quietly laughed. I don't think anyone heard me. "What's so funny?" Luke said with a grin. "It's just that you're so tall." I said giggling a bit. When have I ever giggled? " I'm not tall.You just might be freakishly short." He said laughing as he patted my head. "Rude!" I said laughing. I crossed my arms and turned away from him, pretending to be mad at him.

"Okay,I'm sorry Alyssa you're not freakishly short, just a lot shorter than me." He said laughing. I stuck my tongue out at him, and he returned the gesture. We goofed around like that the whole bus ride to school. It felt like we were only on the bus for a minute, but then we felt the bus stop. I looked out the window and saw that we were now at hell.

"Okay let's do this. Ready?" I asked with a shaky breathe. I honestly hate school. "Yeah, I guess. You okay?" He asked with concern in his eyes. I think he could tell I was nervous, even though I'm not new here at all. I swear I'm more nervous than he is.

I was so nervous that without thinking I grabbed the closest thing to me.
Luke's hand. At first I thought he would pull away and have a disgusted look on his face. But all he did was stand there. Like he was frozen. I was pulling my hand away,thinking he is disgusted,but then he grabs my hand and squeezes it lightly.

All I could do was look up and smile weakly. He did the same ,but he had to look down. I still can't get over how tall that boy is. It's seriously crazy. We both took a deep breathe in and exhaled slowly. We then made our way to the front office.

Luke's POV.

We entered the front office hand in hand. Her hand was so small,so fragile. When she took my hand and held it I got a major shock wave throughout my whole body. I then thought about Aleisha. How we used to hold hand in hand wherever we were. I was lost in my own thoughts. I hate thinking about Aleisha. I have to move on, get over that skank. I mean she did cheat on me with my best friend! Well ex-best friend now, but really who the hell does that!?

"Luke you there?" Alyssa said with a chuckle as she waved her hand in my face to get my attention. I didn't even realize I was zoned out. "Oh yeah sorry. I was just thinking." I smiled signaling I was ok,but obviously I'm not.

I'll have to finish my battle with myself later. I looked around the office. It looked a bit like the old office from my school in Australia. Except this one is a bit messier. Papers were piled onto the desks, and wastebaskets were full of crumbled up papers. Pens and pencils were scattered across all the desktops. The pictures that hung on the wall were really nice though. Pictures of oceans,beaches,mountains etc. I then focussed my attention back to the lady that stood before us.
"Okay, you must be Lucas Robert Hemmings, am I correct?" The lady said with a smile. I nodded. She then went to the back of the office to get what I'm guessing is my school schedule. The lady had on a pink blouse with grey suit pants and some heels. She looked like she was in her mid 50s,and she had dark hair that had some grey streaks in a few places, where you can see that her age was catching up with her.
Alyssa then out of no where started laughing.

"And may I ask what's so funny?" I said raising my eyebrow at her. Which just made her laugh more. "Nothing, it's just you middle name, Lucas Robert Hemmings." She said with a grin. I hated my middle name. It was like my parents wanted me dead by choosing it. "Ouch." I said sarcastically holding my hand to my heart. " Anyway, I hate my middle name. Always have always will." I said with a laugh. "It's not that bad. Mine is way worse trust me." She said as she giggled. I saw that once she heard her self giggle that she put her hand over her mouth. Does she not like giggling?

"So what IS your middle name?" I said suspiciously. "My umm, it's Nicole." She blushed. How the hell does she hate her middle name? "I think it's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." I quickly covered my mouth. I can't believe I just said that out loud. Damn it Luke don't you have a Filter!? Her eyes started to water. Then I saw a tear fall down her cheek. Did I just make her cry? I feel terrible! Look what you've done Luke! You made your best friend cry! At least I think we are best friends. "Alyssa im sor..." But before I could apologize I felt small fragile arms wrapped around my torso. I looked down and saw that Alyssa was hugging me. I hugged her back. What just happened?

I think she could tell I was a bit confused. She unwrapped her hands from around my torso, still leaving her touch lingering on my body, then she wiped her eyes and spoke,"No one has ever called me Beautiful,not my mom or dad,not my brother, not my past boyfriend, no one,well besides you and my si..." She was interrupted by the lady closing the door behind her as she approached us at the desk. "Okay Luke, here are your classes." She handed me a white piece of paper with my name on it, that had times and classes listed on it. I wonder what she was about to say before she was cut off. I'll have to ask her later, if she'll tell me that is.

Alyssa looked at the piece of paper that I held in my hand. I looked at her and she had her eyebrows furrowed and was biting her lip as she analyzed the writing on the paper. She looked up from the paper and caught me staring. I quickly turned my attention to a painting on the wall next to me. She chuckled then spoke," Okay so we have 1st,3rd, and 6th period together. Along with the same lunch hour." She said smiling big. I smiled as well.Her smile is contagious just like her laugh.I'm glad we have some classes together, I know I would be lost if we didn't. I looked at the small sheet and saw that the classes that we had together were History, Math, and Some type of Science class.

The bell rang and me and Alyssa walked into our first class, History. Luckily,I found a spot next to Alyssa. There were 3 empty desks behind me. The bell had already rung which means everyone was already in class. Why were 3 desks not filled up?

The door then opened and who I saw there shocked me.