CH.34

Luke's POV.

All I heard was faint noises all around me. Like I was trapped in some kind of bubble which opted out all the sounds encircling me.

I wanted to get up, but as hard as I tried I couldn't move. I couldn't even flutter my eyelids or move a finger. It felt like earth's gravity had increased by 100%.

I felt...empty. I've felt this feeling before, but not as severe. I literally felt like I was hollow. Like I was just one of those China dolls.

Seeing as I couldn't see a thing due to my eyelids being draped over my eyes, my hearing was nonetheless sharper. I couldn't feel my arms that well, they just felt numb.

My legs felt a bit more lively, yet I still couldn't move them. I felt...stiff, like I was paralyzed or something, this scared me. I don't know where I am or what I'm doing here.

The last thing I remember seeing is Alyssa lying on the floor next to me. Oh my god Alyssa! Is she okay is she alive, how did this happen, WHAT happened to me? So many un-answered questions buzzed inside my brain as I tried to link things together. Nothing.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't petrified at the moment. I could feel my heart beat increase. Like at any moment it would burst out of my chest.

I concentrated on the noises around me. What I heard was unexpected. It was a beeping sound. It was very high pitched and was beeping profusely.

I concentrated harder on the other sounds around me, barely even audible to my ears. It kinda sounded like talking. Like someone was trying to speak to me.

I concentrated so hard to hear what they were saying that I began to feel light headed, then once again, it all went black.
-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-

I woke up in a hospital bed with ivies stuck in my arm, and a tube down my throat. I couldn't move. People were around me poking at my skin, constantly looking between my body and the machines that surrounded me.

I couldn't feel it.

I sat up with all the strength that I had. When I did so they were looking behind me on the bed I had just sat up in. I turned around to see my pale, colorless body.

That made my heart drop. I've never been more confused in my life. I pulled the ivies out if my arm and the tube out of my mouth. I slowly lowered my bare feet down onto the cool,tiled floor.

My legs shook as they almost buckled underneath me. How long has it been since I walked?

I looked around at the doctors that surrounded my body. I looked at the machine. The line that showed the stability of life, was flat.

There was a long,ear splitting beeping sound coming from it.

I was dead.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I didn't know what to do, which way I was supposed to turn. I saw in movies that there was supposed to be a bright light shining down on you as it lifted your soul to the gates of heaven. This wasn't the case.

No light, no angels singing, just the sounds of the earth around you. A place where I was no longer really living.

The doctors then dispersed. No one speaking. They turned the machine off. Pulled the white sheets over my lifeless,pale body. I couldn't believe I was really gone.

I can't be. I have to protect Alyssa. I have to be there for her. I need to tell her I love her and that I want to spend the rest of my life with her. That she had saved me from my own despair.

But now I couldn't. I was too late. I was gone. There is no way I could tell her now. And if there was,I had no clue on how I should go about it.

I looked around the now empty room. Nothing but the small couch and the hospital bed wear I lay dead. The nightstand next to the bed was full of yellow balloons,sunflowers, and a plush penguin.