CH.25

Mackenzie's POV.

We have just left the restaurant and now us three are piling into Ashton's car.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Ashton and I have just dropped Mikey off at his place and now we are heading back to Luke's house? I still have yet to get everyone's names.

Ashton was driving , and I was beside him in the passenger seat. It was quiet for a while. It was really awkward. I mean I barely know this guy, and yet I'm alone with him in his car.

"So Mackenzie," he began as his eyes are focussed on the never ending path of cement in front of him," mind telling me somethings about yourself?" He finishes as he takes his eyes off the winding road and at me.

"Umm,yeah I guess. Well, I'm 16, I was born on December 20th, I love to sing and dance, and Im in Love with All Time Low and Blink-182." I said casually as I stared out the window.

"How about you Ashton?" I said looking away from nature's masterpiece and giving him my full attention.

"Well, I have two younger siblings, Harry and Lauren, I was born on July 7, I have abnormally big hands, my favorite tv show is family guy, I hate needles, I love Green-Day,Blink-182, and All Time Low, I love pizza,but not as much as Michael, and I'm in a band with the other lads. I play the drums." He says as he looks at me and smiles cheekily.

All of a sudden a loud car horn beeped. I felt a jolt of pain being spread throughout my whole body.

"Mackenzie!" Ashton screams as the loud bang and shattering of glass and other parts of the car tumble.

My vision was blurred , and I couldn't think clearly. I slowly moved my head to the left and saw a dangling Ashton still buckled into his seat.

All I could hear was the faint dripping of blood as it fell from my aching fore head. Then everything went black.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Luke's POV.
An awkward silence was still upon us,so then I spoke.

" Alyssa..I've liked you for a while. Ever since I first saw you,I was lost for words. Then we became best friends ,and we tell everything to one another.I like you Alyssa,and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me this Friday night?"

I've been working up the nerve to ask Alyssa out for the last month and a half. I can't tell you how many pep talks Ashton had to give me for me to go through with this.

I started getting nervous because she has just been sitting there staring out into space. Shit! What if she doesn't want to go out on a date with me! I'm such and idiot why would she go out with me!? She is way out of my limit.

"Alyssa if you don't it's okay I'll just.." I began, but I was cut off by Alyssa's voice," I would love to go on a date with you Lukey." She smiled.

I could feel the huge grin that was plastered across my face. I'm so fucking happy she said yes. This is just one step closer to me calling her mine. To be calling this amazing girl mine.

I took Alyssa's hand in mine and squeezed it lightly. She then put her head on my shoulder and nuzzled into my neck. I could feel her hot breathe nipping at my sensitive skin.

I then felt my heart begin to race at the thought of her being so close, yet so far away. She noticed and giggled. "Do I make you nervous Luke?" She whispered seductively into my ear. She pulled away and resumed her original position.

I could feel a blush creeping its way to my cheeks. I then turned my head and whispered into her ear," Yes, but I know I have the same effect on you." I grinned as I heard her breathing hitch.

She was just about to say something when we heard a loud beeping sound from across the road, about a half mile away. Then we heard a collision. We looked at one another and without hesitation ran towards the crash.
-.-.-.-.-.-

I guess we were the first ones there cause no cops have yet arrived. "Alyssa call 911 hurry!" I yell as she quickly types in the emergency number. She walks off and starts to talk to the operator.

There were two cars laying in the middle of the street. One looked familiar though. Wait..then it hit me. "ASHTON!" I yelled as I ran towards the upside down car that I realized belonged to my best friend.

That's when I saw them. Ashton and Mackenzie dangling my their seat belts. I could see they were still breathing. Thank the fucking lord! I began to cry.

I looked at the other car. I saw a man in his late to mid 40's. The car stink of alcohol. He must have been drunk. I thought things couldn't have gotten worse.

I quickly dialed Calum's phone so he could get his ass over here. I heard it ring through my phone meaning that it was dialing.

I thought I was losing my mind, but I wasn't. I heard it. I followed the noise of the ringtone, that's...that's when I saw it. My best mate lying on the side walk, with someone underneath his limp body.

I couldn't make out who it was at first, but then I realized...it was Selena.
By now I couldn't give a fuck if Alyssa saw me crying, because once she knows what's going on she will be balling as well.

"ALYSSA!" I cried as I sobbed into my hands and hit the drunk drivers car. "What's wrong Luke!" She said alarmed . I then had to painfully explain what I just saw. I then showed her.

She dropped down to her knees and sobbed. She sobbed like there was no tomorrow,and for us there might not be if our friends aren't okay. During this I only cried.

I cried cause my best mates might not make it. I cried because they are young and still have so much to live for. I cried because the reaction on Alyssa's face was like a stab in the heart. I cried because karma is a bitch.