CH.27

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating a lot today. It is Easter , so I've been pretty busy with family. I just found some time to write today. I will stay up as long as I have to in order to get two updates out today, even three if I don't fall asleep, lol. :-) Well I hope you guys have had a great Easter , and I hope you enjoy this next chapter X-) )

Alyssa's POV.

"ALYSSA!" I heard Luke scream my name, actually no, he cried my name,and the sound of him broke my heart. I ran to his side,but not before I dropped to my own knees, and cried.

I hadn't realized what all had happened. It took me awhile to wrap my mind around it all.

There I saw Calum and Selena, lying there,limp.Thankfully they were still breathing, Calum's body was slung over on top of Selena's like he was protecting her,that is what broke my heart down further.

I can't imagine what had gone through their minds while it all took place.

"That's not all," Luke whimpered as he waved me over to another car that had been in the wreck,"Look." is all he said as he faced the flipped over vehicle.At that very moment, I had lost all oxygen in my lungs. I couldn't breathe.

I choked on my tears as I cried at the misfortunate sight. The worst part of it is that it didn't stop there. I began to have a panic and anxiety attack all at once. These were normal for me though. I wish they weren't.

There, in that car, was Mackenzie and Ash, hanging there, like wet clothes on a line, drying out in the wind.At least they were still breathing.

I found my self in the fetal position, rocking back and forth as I cried and shook my head in disbelief. This can't be happening,it cant be real. This has to be a figment of my imagination, a nightmare.

But I knew as well as Luke did that it wasn't. Sadly,this was real life, a sad way of living, a beaten up world that we lived in.

This wouldn't have happened if me and Luke wouldn't have ran off with one another. All of us would still be in that god damn restaurant.

They would have been safe, and Luke and I wouldn't be dying from the inside and out from pain,anxiety,fear, and most importantly love for our best friends.

Luke's POV.

The ambulances,police,fire engines, you name it,all came in a matter of ten minutes after Alyssa frantically called 911.

Alyssa and i were both sobbing wrecks. We both hopped into one of the ambulances that carried one of our 4 friends,Calum.

"Shit, I need to call Michael and tell him to get his ass down here." I frantically said as I fumbled with my phone to get it out of my pocket.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I called Michael and explained everything. He was in shock like us, and he had said that he would be at the hospital as fast as he could.

Just as I had hung up the phone,we had finally arrived at the Hospital. It felt like it took us hours to reach our destination, when really it was about 5 minutes.

I looked down at my Best mate, and tears began to whelp in my eyes, but I choked them back.

We got out of the ambulance to see that the rest of our friends were being quickly rolled into the hospital. I saw that Alyssa was once again crying as well as shaking.

I voluntarily wrapped my arms around her delicate frame and pulled her into my chest, leaving absolutely no space in between our two bodies.

I knew as well as she did that we both needed each other. We both needed to be comforted.