CH.30

Calum's POV.

I've reached my destination. I opened the bathroom door with the doctors a good 25 feet behind me.

I looked at Alyssa and saw that her eyes were closed, same with Luke. There was a vast puddle of blood around Luke, like at any minute he would be engulfed by it.

My eyes began to swell with tears. They stung my face as they dribble down my cheeks and onto the tiled flooring.

I fell to my knees beside both of my best mates. They were the closest to me out of all of them, even though I've known Alyssa for a shorter period of time then I did the other lads.

The doctors soon rushed in. They were as shocked as I was when I saw them as a ghost for the first time. Soon Alyssa and Luke were sent to emergency care. Both weren't breathing.

I prayed and prayed and prayed. That's all I could do, hell,thats all any of us could do right now. We all had hope,but soon our minds will turn against our hearts.

We will become so swallowed up by questions that fill our consciences that we will be ignoring the love and the comfortable hope we longed for us to have. That hope will erode away with the rest of our sanity over time, if we liked it or not.

It's only a matter of time, until something doesn't go our way,until a civil war is fought between our minds and our hearts. In the end, only one can win.

The question is, Which?
-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Mack's POV.

"Okay Al here is your water and...." Selena was cut off as the doctor walked in," and here is Dr. Reverie." She finished motioning to the doctor.

I looked at Alyssa. I could physically see every emotion that she was feeling. It was basically painted all over her face, Like graffiti on a brick wall.

She doesn't want any of her emotions to show, but they're clearly there.

"Okay Alyssa, what has occurred is something that can be serious or not so serious at all. What you encountered was Prolonged Apnea. Apnea is when someone's Breathing slows down or stops from a certain cause,but Prolonged Apnea means a person HAS stopped breathing."

"Tell me Alyssa, have you recently had or have asthma, have choked, been in Cardiac arrest, or have over dosed?"

"Umm... I used to have asthma when I was around 7, but the doctor said I had grown out of it." Alyssa stated as she shrugged. "Why?" She asked as she furrowed her eyebrows.

I never knew Alyssa had asthma.

Stupid! You've only known her for one day. Oh yeah right. I mentally slap my self.

It feels like I've known Alyssa for years when I've only known her for a little over 24 hours. She is like the sister I've never had. I love both her and Selena endlessly.

"Any of those could lead to having Apnea or Prolonged apnea. We have taking X-Rays of your chest and have done blood tests to see which diagnosis fits you. Sadly, you won't be able to know the tests till tomorrow,and that's when you will be allowed to leave the hospital."

He says as he examines his clipboard while occasionally looking down at Alyssa to see if She was listening, which she was, I think.

"Okay, well I'm gonna let you get down rest, ladies visiting hours end in about 4 hours, which is at 8:00 p.m." He said facing towards Selena and I.

"Yes sir." We said in unison as he headed towards the door to exit the room. Then Alyssa spoke up.
-.-.-.-.-

Alyssa's POV.