Meeting in the A.M.

Everleigh
I woke up in the morning and let out a huge sigh. I do not want to go to school today at all. All I can think about is my plans on the weekend with Reggie. Our date.

I groan as I roll out of bed to get ready for the day. I throw my uniform on and my robe before heading out of the room.

I reach the door to the astronomy tower and groan again before opening the door to start heading up to the room. So many stairs and it's so early in the morning.

"Going up?" A voice asks from behind me.

I turn around and see James standing there.

"I'm thinking about it but there's just so many stairs and I'm tired."

"Then why go up there?" James asks, laughing at me.

"Reggie's up there."

"Ah, meeting your little friend." James teases.

"Yes. Well I'm thinking about it but I really don't want to go up all of those stairs."

"You do it every morning though. What's different about this time?" James asks.

"This time I'm exhausted and lazy." I admit and James laughs.

"See you at breakfast?" James asks. I nod my head and he pats my shoulder before walking away.

I guess I should start walking up those stairs. I sigh and go to open the door but was stopped, again.

"Everleigh?" A girl calls out to me.

I turn around and see Andromeda standing there waiting for me to reply. What could Andromeda want from me...? I don't think we've ever talked besides maybe one time... and Reg was there.

"Yeah?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you or anything. I just saw you and I know you and Regulus are close. I have a question for you.."

"Okay."

"Is he okay? I mean, things with our family is complicated as always but is he okay?" Andromeda asks.

"I think so." I reply. "He was pretty upset about something a little while ago but he's been okay lately."

"What was he upset about?" Andromeda asks.

"Not sure. Reg doesn't like talking about his family shit and I don't want to push him to tell me so I don't. All I know is it seemed like he was being pressured into something he really didn't want to do."

"Does it still seem like he's being pressured into something?"

"Not really, he's been in a pretty decent mood all week. Almost like he feels.. free?"

"That's good." Andromeda says.

Somethings up because she would never just come up and talk to me. Plus all of these questions about Reggie...

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Me? Yeah, i'm okay. Family shit, you know."

"I get it." I say. "Listen, I know we don't really know each other but if you ever want to come hangout with us or if you need to talk, I'm here."

Andromeda smiles and nods her head. "Thank you, that means a lot. Same to you."

"Thanks."

"You should probably get up there before he thinks you ditched him." Andromeda jokes.

"I'll see you later."

-

"What took you so long this morning?" Regulus asks, basically rushing over to me the moment I open the door and gives me a kiss.