20. 🐳

"Joonie? Are you sure you want to go home now?" Taehyung asked while looking up at him from his seat. "The match will end in half an hour anyways. We were thinking of going somewhere after it."

Namjoon shook his head. "I'm sorry, Tae. I need to give medication to my mom and I honestly don't feel good." He said, looking down at his feet. "I'll make sure to give you back your clothes as soon as I wash them."

"Don't bother." Taehyung said. He sighed and looked at the field, his brows furrowing when he noticed Hoseok's mouth moving rapidly, assuming he was yelling while Seokjin stood with his arms crossed and stared at the goal. "Did someone hurt you, Namjoon? You know you can tell me anything." Taehyung insisted.

Namjoon breathed in and out, shakily. How was he even supposed to explain how he felt? He accepted the role of being a fake boyfriend, without knowing he would actually catch feelings for him. And seeing him make out with his ex girlfriend in the toilet caused him to feel sad and hurt. He wanted to cry.

"Was it Seokjin?"

"What? No!" Namjoon said, griping onto the ends of his denim shorts with his fingers.

Taehyung hummed in response. "I'm sad you have to go because i was looking forward to spending time with you. But if you really have to go, it's okay. Do you want me to walk you home?"

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry, Tae." Namjoon apologized once again and made his way down the bleachers. He didn't even want to look at Seokjin. He walked with his head low until he walked outside the school and made his way to his home.

Namjoon chuckled. It's not like he could ever be with him anyway. He was way out of his league, he thought. Jisoo was rich and pretty, the most popular girl in school. What was Namjoon? A simple freak no one liked and wanted to be friends with. If it wasn't for this act, not even Taehyung and Hoseok would be his friends.

But Namjoon smiled and sighed. One day he would get the chance to be someone he wanted to be. He would get many, many friends and he would have so much money he would be able to help his mother beat cancer in a second.

He decided not to think about bad things.

When he arrived home, he found his mother already sleeping. He had a bit of money with him so he went to the restaurant and bought two pancakes, one salted and other sweet. Placing it on the table, he kissed her on the head and went to his bedroom to change. He took off Taehyung's clothes and folded them up perfectly before putting them into a bag he found from underneath his bed.

He was tired to wash it right now so he left it for tomorrow. It was a Friday night after all, no school tomorrow.

~

"Why are you only by yourself?" Hoseok asked when he walked outside the school and saw Taehyung playing a game on his phone. Seokjin soon appeared behind him and closed the entrance door. He looked around, his brows furrowing when he saw no signs of Namjoon.

"He went home almost two hours ago." Taehyung answered, not bothering to look at any of them.

"Why? Did something happen?" Hoseok asked and walked down a couple of stairs and stretched in front of Taehyung. Taehyung locked his phone and put it inside his pocket and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I think the best person to answer that question is your best friend over there."

"Me? What did I do?" Seokjin asked. He stopped zipping up his hoodie and groaned as he looked away.