24. 🐳

"Mom, are you sure you will be alright without me?" Namjoon asked for what seemed like, ten times already.

"Oh my god, Namjoon! I told you! I will be just fine! I have Jeongguk after all! I won't die if I live for a couple of days without you! Now go and have fun, your friends are waiting for you!" Namjoon's mother yelled and pushed Namjoon outside the yard untill he stopped at the sidewalk. She closed the gate behind her and waved at him.

Namjoon was about to say something else but she hissed, making the other three laugh. Namjoon pouted. He told his good bye and I love you before climbing inside Hoseok's car.

They arrived at the location in less than two hours. Hoseok was the one driving with Taehyung beside him, playing all kinds of kpop music onto the radio while Namjoon was fast asleep on Seokjin's shoulder.

Seokjin started placing small kisses all over Namjoon's face untill he woke up. Namjoon mumbled something and buried his face in his chest, making Seokjin chuckle. "Come on, sleepy head. We are here." Namjoon groaned in tiny and pulled away from him. He squinted his eyes a few times from the burning sun, them going wide as soon as he saw the beautiful blue surface in front of them.

He gasped and joined the rest of them outside. Hoseok and Seokjin took all of their bags and locked the car then made their way down the stairs to the sand. Namjoon was running down untill he landed on the soft sand, squeaking in happiness at the warm and gentle feeling under his feet.

He had never been to a beach before. You can imagine how happy he was.

"Taehyung, baby!" A female voice ran from afar.

"Aunty Rose!" Taehyung yelled and pushed away Hoseok and Seokjin who almost stumbled down the stairs and started running towards her. He embraced her into a tight hug, picking her up with spinning her around.

She laughed and kicked his shoulders untill he put her down. "I know I'm way smaller than you but don't treat me like a doll!" She joked.

"I missed you!" Taehyung giggled when she pinched his cheeks.

"I misses you too, baby. I know you two," She said as she pointed at Hoseok and Seokjin but she stopped and stared at Namjoon who was staring down, his cheeks flushed. "Who this cutie might be?"

"M-My name is Namjoon."

Seokjin, seeing how nervous Namjoon was, wrapped his arm around his shoulder and pulled him closer to himself.

"I assume you two are together." She said.

"You're correct." Seokjin said and smiled. She nodded and there was a short silence between them untill she clapped her hands. "Well, it would be a waste to stand here and bake on this incredibly hot sun. Why don't we go inside and have a cold drink?"

They followed her to the cafe and Namjoon immediately liked it. It was painted a screaming pink color with bright, white fence, tables and chairs. He could see some people already being there, drinking and talking among each other.

"Your rooms are upstairs. Taehyung, since you've already been here, you should go and show them. I need to help here because we are kind of crowded." Rose said and sprinted to the counter where another girl was. The girl looked up and her lips parted as soon as she spotted Seokjin.

Namjoon saw the way she was staring at him and he didn't like it. He tugged at his hand and looked up at him. Seokjin looked back at him and gave him a warm smile.

"Let's go, hm?" Namjoon nodded and walked upstairs with him, hand in hand, following Taehyung along with Hoseok.

"Just to be clear, I want a room for myself. I came here to relax my brain from that pestering younger brother of mine." Hoseok announced, yawning soon later. "This smell of ocean made me suddenly want to take a nap. That's what I'm probably going to do." He kept talking, probably to himself, as no one said anything back. He chose the first room he came across, shouting 'yes' then throwing himself face down on the bed.

"Well, I wish Jeongguk could be here... I guess I will have to sleep alone." Taehyung sighed, sadly. "Walls are pretty thin so be careful what you're doing here."

Namjoon's eyebrows furrowed. "What does that have to do with us?"

Taehyung laughed. "Oh, Joon. Just forget what I said." They came across the last room by the end of the hall and Taehyung pointed at it. "Here, I think you will love this one. Take your time then come downstairs so we can have a talk with my aunt about our time spent here."

Seokjin nodded and Taehyung closed the door instead of them. "Woah, this is so pretty." Namjoon whispered. And he was right. It had a big, couple bed in the middle of the room and a balcony at the left, with lots of flowers on it. Small night table with a tall closet on the right and a TV on the wall, in front of the bed. It was really pretty, Seokjin thought.

Namjoon walked to the bed and jumped onto it. He was standing on the soft surface, giggling and staring at Seokjin who was chuckling at his innocent behavior.

"Are you happy?"

"Mhm." Namjoon hummed. He threw himself on his butt and crossed his legs over another. "I just feel sad for leaving my mother alone."

"Don't worry too much, you deserve to rest once in a while. She has people who will take care of her after all." Seokjin said.

He placed the bags on the floor and sat beside him. He laid onto his back and stretched himself out, completely understanding Hoseok because he felt tired too. School has been tiring. Especially since it was the end. But why not use their days off to have fun with each other? Way better than staying with people who call themselves his family.

"How about we take a small nap?"

"Aren't we going to unpack?"

"Ah, we can do it later, come on Namjoon," Seokjin whined, pulling Namjoon down by his elbow untill he was laying onto his shoulder. "We have a whole week to unpack."

~

I'm in love with this book. It's so fun writing it. 🥺