12.

"Oh my god. There's no way- no, that can't be! No it is, that's Laura! Oh god."

Mark had convinced me to play The Evil Within, which I had been playing for about four hours now. I had gotten a bunch of episodes filmed for it, and hadn't looked at the clock since I started playing. I was determined to film this series today so I could edit it on my week off, since I told myself when Sunday rolled around I wouldn't be filming so I could take a break. I had a bunch of videos edited and queued, including a special Christmas video that I shot with Mark. I had enough for four weeks, which would last me until around the time Ethan left, so I didn't have to worry about filming while he was here. I was grinding out videos, solely for the purpose of not being busy while he was here. I was in the middle of a super creepy part when I heard the front door open but thought nothing of it, since Mark was expecting Amy to stop by today. At some point, Ethan was going to get here but at this point I was too nervous to look at the clock because I had been an anxious mess all day waiting for him. I think I had cleaned my room five times over the past few days, trying to make it perfect for him. Not that he'd care or anything, but I just didn't want him to think I was a slob.

So, in an effort to distract myself, I had been playing games. I got through a few more levels on Warframe and started Undertale, which I was going to play just for fun. I also started a family on The Sims, and was having fun with them. That was in between eating and cleaning, and checking in on Mark who was driving himself nuts trying to beat Five Nights at Freddy's. I don't know how long he had been playing it at this point, but he had dubbed himself the king and at this point, I knew he would refuse to give up the crown. This was Mark we were talking about. Ethan also hadn't texted me all day, which was making me nervous but I figured he was busy. I mean, I had barely said anything to him since I told him I was bulk filming over the next few days, so he probably was deciding to leave me alone so I didn't get distracted. Which reminded me I was playing a horror game, and I definitely should not be getting lost in my thoughts while possibly being chased.

"Don't tell me Laura's gonna chase me. Fuck, Laura's chasing me. Okay shit."

I controlled my person and ran down the hall, not paying attention to the monitor that was showing my OBS and what I was recording. I was so focused on the chase happening on my screen that I barely registered my door opening and some thudding behind me. I shook off the noise, thinking it was just Mark walking around outside my room trying to distract me while I played, since he tended to do that a lot. A string of curse words fell from my mouth as I got through the hallway, continuing on to the next part of the level where I fought her character. I barely looked away from the screen, my stupid commentary being the only thing I could hear until I got to the end of this section, taking out a breath.

"That only took five tries and two hours."

"And a bunch of cursing, apparently."

"OH MY GOD-"

I fell out of my chair, heart pounding a million miles an hour. I reached up and paused the game, turning around and finally realizing who was here. I catapulted myself onto Ethan, pushing him back into my bed as we both laughed. I almost went to kiss him but remembered the camera was recording, instead starting to slap him playfully as he burst into laughter. I feigned anger, but lost the façade seconds after he looked at me with those stupidly handsome eyes of his.

"What the fuck was that! You scared the crap out of me!"

Ethan pushed me off of him. "I dunno, it looked pretty funny to me."

"When'd you get in?"

"Oh, like two hours ago."

"How long had you been sitting there?"