Chapter 11: The Announcement

Time skip:

Soojin's POV:

Three weeks passed by and we still continue our daily routine. But I must say that we five have got a more closer in these weeks. Except for Taehyung. He still has that cold behavior around us. We have accepted the fact that it's his natural behavior but I don't think so. So, whenever we all sit in the lunch break together, he is just listening to our chitchat and never takes interest to speak. Me and Mia both asked Jimin if he is really displeased by our presence but he just says that he is this way with them also. So, we need to get used to it.

At the class:

Today is also one of the day where the teacher explains the topic in his usual boring way. But neither he cares nor the students. Just then the PT teacher came in our class for an announcement.

Attention. As every year, this year also the university has organized the National Football Championship for this year. The football team should wait after the school for the sports meeting. Thank you.

The teacher announced and spared a glance at Taehyung for a second and then left. Some students, including Jimin and Jungkook, were also looking at Taehyung but he just shrugged it off and laid his head down on the table. I was also curious as why they were staring at him but I decided to let it go.

At the cafeteria:

We all were sitting on the table except for Taehyung. At that time, I decided to ask them.

Hey. Did you hear about that NFC?

Hmm.

They just hummed.

I'm really looking forward for these matches as I have never seen any match before. I have also heard that teams from all over the country participate in this competition and the best one wins. I'm really excited. Let's see if our uni wins. 😉

Me too.

Mia agreed.

Hmm.

We both were talking interestingly about the NFC whereas these two boys were just listening and humming to our conversation.

Why you both are looking so dull? Aren't you excited for NFC?

I asked them.

I must have been excited if Taehyung must have participated. But since he is not taking part since the last year, so I have no interest in the NFC.

Jungkook said making me jungshook.

What! Taehyung plays football?

I asked shocked.

Yes. He not only plays but he is the best football player in the uni.

Jimin said making me more surprised.

Ahh! Really?

He was also the former captain of our university's football team.

Jungkook answered.

Then is he not taking part this year?

I asked them.

No. He has quitted playing football since last year.

Why?

I enquired.

When we were in our first year, Taehyung was the football captain and his team won in the finals of NFC. But the opponent team's captain got jealous due to Taehyung's win and he spread the rumour that he won because of his dad's position. So, he decided that he will never play football again.