Chapter 19: A True Friend

Soojin's POV:

I want you to cheer for me. Because I could concentrate more on winning when such a beautiful girl is cheering for me.

He said in his flirtatious tone, while eyeing me from head to toe. I really felt uncomfortable under his gaze. That was when, a tall guy stood in front of me, hiding me from his gaze by his well built body. I immediately recognized who he was. Taehyung....

Here comes the hero, to save his girl.

Felix said mocking at him. I truly can't believe that he has to poke his nose in everybody's business.

Stay away from her.

Taehyung threatened him, in his ice-cold, deep tone. In fact, I was also a bit scared by his threat.

Oh? What will you do if I don't listen to you? Beat me, huh?

Felix said confidently.

Just focus on your game and then get the fuck out of our campus and never show your dirty face again.

Taehyung said seriously while I was just able to look at Felix's expression, while peeking from Taehyung's shoulder.

I will, Taehyung but I will not be alone. I'll also take the trophy of NFC to my home.

He smirked.

Let's see what happens on the ground.

Taehyung said confidently.

Yeah. Meet you on the field. Bye Taehyung.

He said smiling at Taehyung. He turned his heels towards the opposite direction until he turned slightly back and looked at me with a smirk.

Also, Bye Soojin.

He smirked at me, spared a glance at Taehyung and left the hallway. Taehyung turned around to look at me while I just looked down at my feet afraid to face him after the incident.

Did he do anything wrong to you?

He said caressing my cheeks with his both hands. His tone was soft  while he looked at me worriedly. I can't believe he is the same person who threatened that guy in his dangerous tone.

I'm fine Taehyung. You should go to the other players now.

I told him as the match was going to start in twenty minutes. He nodded and guided me all the way down to the bleachers. All students were observing us two, even the students from other universities. They all were murmuring about us but we both didn't care.

As we reached to the bleachers, he told to go towards my seat.

All the best. I will cheer for you and I know that your chances of winning will increase.

I said smiling cutely while repeating the same words he said to me, some time ago. This gesture made him smile  brightly. He ruffled my hair again and went towards his team in the locker room.

I went to the seats and gave them their snacks. I didn't told them anything that happened some time ago. They all were enjoying and talking about the match.

Soon, we heard the announcement that the final match is going to be start. We all heard cheers from the fans supporting their teams. All the fangirls were also shouting like crazy.

The both teams entered one after the other. Taehyung was at the lead of his team while Felix was also on the other team.

The game started and soon the atmosphere of tension took place between the two teams and their fans.  Both the teams were equally strong and competitive, it was just a matter of time when we will know who is the best. These 90 minutes seemed to be the longest in my life till now. The team players were trying their best to make a goal but none of them could make a score.

Felix's POV:

Thirty minutes has passed since the match started but Taehyung was looking fit and fine which I didn't expect at all. He should have been feeling dizzy till now but here, he is playing with his strong might. It is near to the half time.

I stole a glance at my other team members but they also looked as confused as me. I signalled them to keep playing and not let the guards down.

I also spared a glance at Taehyung and when our eyes met for a split second, he just smirked at me. I got more hella confused and now I came to know that he mustn't have drank the drink in which we mixed the sleeping pills. I got more angry at that fact and started playing with more strength.

We all were trying our best to make a goal but Taehyung's team was being a burden on us to make a goal. They kept on making us pressurized to make score. Soon, the half time was announced and we all went to our respective benches to take rest and relax for some time.

Taehyung's POV:

I knew the fact that Felix must have understood till now that I didn't drink the juice in which he mixed the sleeping pills. All thanks to Soojin or I must have been sleeping somewhere now and we must have probably lose the match.

Flashback ~

Taehyung's POV:

I was exercising a bit and doing push-ups. I warmed my body up and I was feeling a bit dehydrated. So, I took my sipper and was going to drink it until someone pushed the sipper's mouth away from me and the sipper fell down, spilling the juice on the ground. I looked at the person and it was Soojin, breathing heavily as though she might have ran all the way here.

What happened, Soojin? Why are you panting so much? Come here and sit.

I held her by the shoulders and made her sit on the chair near me. I gave my water bottle to her and she drank it. All the boys were also shocked as me but I didn't care about them now. She took a deep breath and her breath was stable now. So, I asked her again.

What happened, Soojin? Tell me.

I asked her worriedly.

Felix's team members mixed sleeping pills in your juice so that you cannot participate in the final match and our team may lose.

She said making my eyes widen in shock. I didn't believe that Felix could go upto this level just to win the challenge. I noticed that my other team players, who listened to our conversation were also equally shocked to Soojin's statement.

How do you know  that? Are you sure it's him?

I asked her many questions.

Yes. When I was bringing you the juice sipper which aunty made for you, I listened to the conversation of two boys who were in the janitor's room. From the voice, I immediately knew who it was. I also recorded his voice for a proof. That's why I came here to inform you.

She said explaining herself and I do believe her.

Don't drink anything now from your sippers. We don't know what level  they can go upto. I'll order some juices from the cafeteria for us. Till then, keep this sippers away from us and don't drink them.

I ordered my fellow team players and they did. I looked at Soojin who was looking at me worriedly. I caressed her cheek and I was feeling so many mixed emotions in my heart. She came all the way here to stop me from drinking the juice, panting heavily. She is literally doing her best as a friend so that I can win the match.

Thank you. If you wouldn't come and have stop me, I would have drink it and must be lying here somewhere sleeping. I really appreciate all your efforts for supporting and helping me. I'm really grateful to you.

I said genuinely.

Its okay, Taehyung.

You can go now and enjoy the match. We will handle everything from here.

Okay.

She exited the room but she tuned around once before leaving the room. I could see the worry in her eyes making my heart flutter but I controlled my emotions. Now, I'll give you the answer of these on the field Lee Felix.