Chapter 16 : Jersey

Soojin's POV:

Today, I was late to the school as I overslept. Not only that but I also missed my bus to the uni and had to come running all the way. It's just 10 minutes remaining for the bell to ring and luckily, I have reached to the main gate. I'm walking towards my locker but I didn't see many students in the hallway which means that majority of the students are in the class. I thought I was going to be alone to go to the class until I saw him.

Hey. Taehyung.

I called and ran upto him.

Hi.

He said straightly. At least, I got a response.

You also came late today like me?

Yes.

How's practice going on so far?

I asked remembering the competition is in the next week.

It's good.

We both were just talking about random things when suddenly a girl "accidentally" spilled the water on my uniform. I could see the little smirk she gave me but was acting like an innocent girl.

Oh! I'm so sorry. I accidentally tripped over her foot and the water got spilled on your uniform.

She said faking the accident. I just cursed her in my mind and gave her my fakest smile to her, telling its fine.
Our uniform consisted of a white shirt, a tie and a skirt. Due to the spilling of water, my white shirt became somewhat see-through which made me uncomfortable. I wish I had a sweater or hoodie to cover it up. Then Taehyung, who was watching the drama, took my hand and dragged me near one of the restrooms. I completely forgot about his presence for a second. He opened his backpack and removed his jersey and handed it to me.

Huh?

I looked at him confused.

Take this jersey and wear it.

He said simply.

No! I shouldn't wear this. This is your football jersey. What will you wear for the practice then?

I have an extra jersey in my locker.

But this has your name written on it. All the girls will keep glaring at me making me feel uncomfortable. I don't wanna wear this.

Then do you want to roam around the school in these see-through clothes and be an attraction.

He questioned me.

No.

Then go fast and wear this or we'll get late because of you.

Okay.

I said unwillingly not having any other option. I went into the restroom and got changed into his jersey real quick. His jersey also smells like him. I smiled a bit thinking about his helpfulness. I exited the restroom and saw he was leaning on the wall near the restroom, probably waiting for me. He saw me and just stood there not uttering a single word.

Taehyung's POV:

I was waiting for her to return from the restroom, wearing my jersey. When she came, I just stood there shocked to see her looking so damn cute in my jersey. I swear I had the sudden urge to pinch her chubby cheeks but I had to control my emotions the best. She will probably mistake me as an idiot. She was looking at me for awhile for my reaction and I also didn't utter any word, so I just fake coughed to not turn the situation awkward.