Chapter 40: Happy Ending

After 4 years :

Soojin's POV :

I got up early in the morning and did my morning routine as usual. I took a long shower and wear my professional clothes. I went downstairs and greeted my parents.

Good morning, mom and dad

I said and sat down on the dining table. Mom was giving me breakfast and I ate it.

You're early today.

She enquired.

Yes. I have got a new contract from Kim Industries for the renovation of their office rooms. So, I need to take their ideas for renovation and present some ideas as well.

I explained them. I have become a successful interior designer as I had always dreamt and I'm happy that I'm living my dream.

What about your friends, dear? Didn't you invite them for the family dinner?

Yes. I have informed them and they will be here before time to help you.

I answered her because she is hella excited to meet my friends after a very long time. Jimin and Mia have moved in one apartment and are planning to marry soon while Jungkook is still single and has auditioned in bighit entertainment and become a main choreographer. Overall, we all have been settled.

Did you talk to Taehyung? Is he busy nowadays? I wanted to discuss some important matters with his family.

My dad said, eating his garlic bread.

I don't know, dad. He barely contacts me nowadays. It seems like months ago when we last went on a date.

I told them.

Yeah. Being a CEO is not an easy task. He must work 24/7 to run his business successfully. You must understand him and his passion for his work.

Dad said speaking wisely.

Yeah. I understand. But still, being his girlfriend, I also need some attention from him.

I whined at him.

In fact, I sometimes think what if he found someone better and beautiful than me. I feel as if he fell out of love with me.

I said truly as I always was self conscious about my appearance.

No, honey. He truly loves you. I really trust that guy. He is the best boyfriend you can ever find. So, don't worry about anything.

My dad said comforting me to which I agreed.

Yeah. I'll take my leave now.

Okay. Go safely.

They both said together to which I nodded and took my leave. I went towards my car, I recently bought to drive towards the office of Kim Industries.