Chapter 14: The Challenge

Soojin's POV:

Today was a lucky day not only for me but also for our whole class because our lectures were cancelled as the teachers were busy for the preparations of NFC as the event was in two weeks. So, some of the students were sitting in the classroom chitchating while some were just roaming around the school. I wished Mia also had the same class as me because we could have got to spend a lot of time talking to each other. So, I also decided to leave the class for some peaceful atmosphere and decided to visit the library. As I was going through the hallway to the library, I was busy scrolling the phone screen until I bumped into someone.

Ah! I'm sorry.

I apologized.

It's okay beautiful.

I scrunched my nose in disgust after listening to his cheesy word. Then, I noticed that he was not alone but with some of his friends. Also that their uniforms were also different from our university. I was going to pass by them until he called me.

Wait beautiful. Can you tell me where can I find staff room?

It's on the second floor. Left from here, climb the stairs and the last room in the hallway is the staff room.

I guided them.

Oh. Thanks. But would you mind if you personally showed us the way there?

I'm sorry. I'm busy right now. You will not have any difficulty to find the staff room.

I assured them.

Yes. But I will lose my chance to spend  time with such a sexy girl.

I got shocked by his way of talking.

Sorry?

I asked angrily.

Ah-huh. Don't be sorry for being so beautiful and sexy. Either you should be sorry for not being in my university or you could have got my attention.

He said which disgusted me.

You can find your own way.

I said and turned to the side of the hallway from which they came to go away from them but he grabbed my hand and stopped me.

Leave my hand.

First show us the way darling.

I said Leave. My. Hand.

I warned him but still he didn't budged. So, I tried to slap him with my other hand but he caught it right away. Then he pushed me towards the lockers and pinned me against them. He came close to me and whispered.

Wrong move, dear. I asked so nicely the way towards the staff room but you treat me like this. Not fair. You deserve a punishment.

With that saying he came close to me and tried to kiss me. I moved my head to the opposite side to not get him near me. That's when a strong punch landed on his face which caused him to stumble upon the ground. I looked up to see from where the punch came and it was of Taehyung's. He was not alone but with Jimin and Jungkook.

How dare you touch her.

He said angrily and picked him up from the ground and hit him many times with punches and kicks. His friends and Jungkook went to separate them whereas Jimin asked me whether I was fine or not. I told him that I was fine so he got relieved.

You fu*king b*stard. How dare you  come into our university and that to touch the girls here, huh?

He asked angrily still trying to get away from Jungkook who was saving him to give any more  punches to that guy.

Ohhh! Look. The Kim Taehyung is getting protective of a girl huh? Or should I say a loser?

He said mockingly causing his friends to laugh.

Loser? Says the one who spreads the rumors of me using my position to win a game which your loser as*  doesn't have the capability.

He fires back at him.

Is that so? Then why you didn't took part last year? Scared of losing from me huh?

He said mockingly.

Says the one who got lost from me in their first year.

Past is in the past. Did you forget that last year we won the cup of NFC?

That's because I wasn't the part of our team which got you all the opportunity to win.

OH! Then let's see who wins the cup this year.

Time will say it any way.

I challenge you. Let's see if you can win this cup against us. If we win then you will agree and say that we are the champions  in front of the whole university.

And what if we win?

Then we will agree and say that you are the champions in front of the whole university.

Do you accept my challenge?

He asked Taehyung. We all three were looking at each other to see what will happen next. We were very tensed about his decision.

Yes. I accept the challenge.

He stated confidently. This left us in shock.

Okay then. See you all at the field.

He  said and left through the hallway.

Taehyung sighed and his angry expression soon turned into a worried one after seeing me.

Are you okay? Did he hurt you or something? Show me your wrists.

He took my hand gently and examined my hand to see if I got hurt.

I'm fine Taehyung. He didn't do me any harm. You came on the right time and saved me from him. Thank you.

I said smiling sincerely.

No problem.

May I ask you something?

Jimin asked.

Hmm.

He nodded.

Why did you accept the challenge?

It was his method of showing off his overconfidence. So, I also accepted the challenge. As a fact, I am not afraid of any type of challenges.

But here, it's not only about us but the whole uni. What about them?

Jungkook asked.

Don't worry. I'll try my best to live up to the expectations and not let them down.

But are you sure that the other team members will support you in the challenge?

I believe they will as this is not only about me but about all of us. We need to stand up as one and fight against our opponent team. So, I'm sure they will be with us in this challenge.

Do you all trust me?

Yes. I trust you.

I replied immediately which caused him to smile slightly.

Of course, we trust you.

Then believe me. We will not let our university's reputation go down. Fighting!!