Chapter 20: Let's Be Friends

Taehyung's POV :

Did you see his face when he saw Taehyung on the field fit and fine?

Baekhyun asked and laughed hysterically.

Yeah. He was looking so confused so as his other team players. This means that Soojin was right. Thank God, she came on time and stopped you from drinking the juice.

Mark said upon which I agreed. She really did a lot for me to win in this tournament. And I couldn't disappoint her now. I must win at any cost.

Yes. But we shouldn't be overconfident now. We should keep our strength and do our best to win in the final match.

I said motivating them.

Yes. Fighting!!

We all cheered and entered the field again as the match was about to begin again. Soon, the second half half started and we began playing with more strength and determination. I had to agree that his team was strong too. But we are not less. It was ten minutes before the match ends. I ran with all my strength towards the goal post and passed the ball to my other player. He took the chance and kicked the ball in the goal, making us score a point. We all jumped happily as our chances of winning doubled by this.

As only few minutes were remaining for the match to end, we kept the ball passing between us so that the opponent team couldn't get any chance to win and time will end soon. The umpire whistled making us stop the game as the time ran out making us win the game. We all jumped happily and some players were even doing a victory dance. The opponent team just sat down on the field and cursed their luck. This is what that deserve. Karma is a bit*h!

All the students of our university came running towards my team and congratulated us. Some students even picked me up in the air for the victory dance. This small celebration went on for few minutes as we were told to take few minutes rest before the award ceremony starts.

Soojin's POV:

As soon as the time went off, we all jumped in ecstasy and happiness. Even we did a group hug and dance a bit together. Aunty's eyes were filled with happy tears to see her son win the final match, making her proud. We all waited till all the students left them and the team members went into the locker room to take a bit rest.

We all went there in the locker room and saw that they were all enjoying and dancing. Jungkook and Taehyung were also enjoying a lot on their success. This was the first time I ever saw Taehyung smile so bright and be happy. He had his famous boxy smile which I didn't got to see for so long.

We all went towards him and the next second Aunty hugged her son, making us all awe at the sight. Some boys went to change their clothes while some went to eat something. Taehyung also had some water in his eyes after seeing his mother being so happy and proud because of him. It was a very emotional sight.

They all congratulated Jungkook and Taehyung on their achievement. I didn't get the chance to congratulate him. Once again, I was at the last. My luck is really so bad at times like this. I went towards Jungkook and congratulated him. He thanked me and also gave me a little hug to express his excitement. I didn't mind it as I knew them all very well.

I saw that Taehyung was standing a few steps beside me. So, I retreated back from the hug and went towards Taehyung to finally congratulate him. I kept my hand in front of him for a handshake.

Congratulations, Taehyung. You did great, as always.

He didn't shake my hand and just kept staring at my hand and my face. So, I took my hand back again, feeling embarrassed. But at that time I got the biggest shock of my life. He hugged me. Taehyung literally hugged me. His one hand was on my waist while other hand was on my back. My head was pressed against his chest and I could hear his stable heartbeat. I was too shocked that my arms were up in the air and I didn't hug him back. But then after few seconds, my mind came back to his place and hug him back.

Thanks for doing everything you did for me. I am really thankful for all your hard work and efforts to convince me to take part, keep my mind relax, stopping me from drinking that juice and also cheering for me in the match. I am really lucky to have a great friend like you. Let's be friends.

He said making me heart flutter with his genuine words. But his last statement left me in utter shock. I kept silence until he repeated it again.

Let's be friends, Soojin. I wanna have a wonderful friend like you and I will never ruin this friendship.

He said holding me by my shoulders and asking me by looking straight in my eyes. I blinked my eyes twice to see if this is reality. Then, I understood that this was the reality so I nodded my head in happiness.

Yes. I would like to be your friend too.

I said making him show his boxy smile again to me. He hugged me again and I didn't hesitate to huh him back again. What we didn't know was that all our friends and his mother was looking at us both, smiling to each other.

Finally! You agreed to become friends with her.

Jungkook said in relief, joining us in the hug.

Yahh! We are also included.

Jimin said and we all five friends did a group hug. His mother was looking at us being happy and also had some happy tears, seeing our friendship.

Guys! We should all go now towards the field as the award ceremony will begin in some minutes.

His team player announced and we all separated from the hug. We all made our way towards the field. There was a small stage near the field where the award ceremony would be conducted. The Principals of both the teams in the final match, President of the National Sports Club and some other officials were present on the stage to honour the winning team.

Soon, the award ceremony started and the winner team was called up on the stage to receive their 'golden' trophy. Taehyung's team went up the stage, took the trophy and were also given golden medals for each player. All the audience, including the opponent team gave a big round of applause. Now, it was the time for the 'challenge' to be completed. Felix and his team came forward a bit embarrassingly and were going to speak until........

Wait!