Light and Dark

When Cruella, Maleficent and Ursula managed to hit Emma with the curse, all hell broke lose in Storybrooke.

A dark blast hit the town, alerting everyone of what had happened. It was like the curse of shattered sight all over again.

And once again, Killian wasn't at all affected. Why, he wasn't sure, but he needed to find and protect those close to him.

The Charmings, Regina and Emma had gone out in search for the Queen's of Darkness, while Killian and Belle set out to locate Rumplestiltskin.

Everyone turned on each other though, when this new curse hit. It seemed as though it was affecting Emma the most.

David had called Killian in an angry rage about him dating Emma after Belle had stormed off, calling him a self-centred moron.

He rushed to find everyone as soon as it clicked; they were going to use Emma and corrupt her.

He ran, finding Emma, along with her parents -who, mind you, were unconscious- and Regina. Emma was suffocating her with magic.

Emma saw everything clearly now.

As she held Regina in the air with magic, suffocating her, Emma felt pride where panic should be.

This was deserved. The woman had done nothing but bad for Emma. She would die.

"Emma!" She heard a voice cry.

A voice that didn't anger her. One of the only voices that didn't anger her. Possibly the only one.

Killian.

She turned to him, not releasing Regina from her clutches.

"Killian, back off, I don't want to have to hurt you," she said sternly.

"Emma, you're cursed. The crocodile, he did this to you. Don't give in, Swan, this isn't you!"

"Don't you see? It is! This is who I've always been! This is me! I finally see! Killian, you can see too!" She said, offering him her hand.

Killian shook his head, but he hesitated.

"Killian, take my hand. Please! You can see what our love can do! We can kill her together! No one would miss her! Just take my hand!"

"You love me?" Killian's face softened from anger and fear to something slightly less panicked.

"I do. Take my hand and we can do this together," Emma said.

"I love you too," Killian reached forward to take Emma's hand.

At the last second Emma smiled evilly.

She could live without the filthy pirate, she was sure.

"SWAN!"

With a quick wave of her hand, she sent Killian flying into a nearby tree.

Regina still choked on her words as she growled "Let me go, you absolute idiot!"

Before Emma could react, Regina used the last of her strength to shove Emma back. Regina was freed and Killian got up and rushed to Emma.

As Regina caught her breath, the pirate ran up to Emma.

"Swan, listen. This is a curse. What you see, rather think, isn't real. Regina's under it, you parents are... Everyone is. And I've no idea why I'm not but, Emma... You need to snap out of it," Killian said, cautiously approaching her.

Emma shook her head furiously.

"No! This is real! I finally see what-"

Killian cut her off by crashing his lips to hers.

At first, she resisted, but when the bright beam of magic surrounded them, Killian felt Emma gasp and deepen the kiss.

"Okay, enough!" They heard Regina call from behind them, "I don't need to watch a make out session, thank you very much," she smiled.

Emma grinned up at Killian.

"You saved me," she said in awe, hugging him.

"Swan, I'd do nothing less, my love," he replied, kissing her forehead.

Regina groaned behind them, but they ignored her.

"Not just your love," Emma buried her face in his chest, "Your true love," she whispered, testing out the words.

She liked them.