A Father Figure

For Jade_Driscalx who wanted Henry and Killian bonding times!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the boy had asked Killian to take him, sailing, he suspected Henry needed a break from all the insanity of the town.

They'd had a nice day. Killian had the Jolly Roger back and he had been teaching Henry how to sail it.

It was bittersweet for Killian, the way Henry seemed to a natural, the way he took to the water so easily. It was like Killian was teaching Baelfire all over again. He swore every day, Henry became more and more like his father.

"Henry, come here, lad!" Killian called from the ship's rail, pointing out to Emma on the docks who was waving.

"A fair maiden straight ahead! Should we rescue her?" Henry asked.

"Aye, I believe we should. She is quite beautiful after all," Killian remarked. Henry fake gaged.

"Ew, Killian!" He laughed.

Killian carefully guided the ship to the docks.

"Hey guys! How's the day been?" Emma asked.

Henry hugged her, then Killian wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Great!" The lad exclaimed, "The Jolly Roger is so much more fun than those old sailboats!"

"I'm pretty sure the Jolly is older than any of those old sailboats, lad," Killian chuckled.

"Still! It was so much fun! The water was great today too! Dad, do you think we can go out again tomorrow?" Henry asked.

"Uh- yeah, of-of course!" Killian managed before Henry said "Great! I'm gonna go get lunch!" He ran toward the snack bar down the pier.

"Did he just...?"

"Call you dad? Yep..."

"Okay, just making sure I'm not losing it,"

"Nope,"

Emma looked up at him with a smile, "Come one, dad, let's go get something to eat.

Later that evening, after Emma left, Henry asked Killian if it was okay to start calling him Dad, he was the closest thing to a father he had.

Killian said he'd be honoured to be seen as a father by him.

He meant it. He truly loved Emma's son.