Expanding

For Cate-Bayer who asked for Emma telling Killian she's pregnant!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Killian sat on the in the kitchen with Emma's brother in his arms. He was humming a soft tune as Neal drifted off to sleep.

Emma's parents were out on a date tonight and Emma had volunteered to babysit for them. Killian had wanted to join her as he was beginning to take a real liking to Neal.

He finished the song and smiled proudly at the sleeping baby.

"You're getting really good with him," Emma remarked.

Killian grinned at the baby, then at Emma. "The young lad reminds me of his big sister," he said.

Emma laughed quietly and resisted the urge to rub her stomach. She'd found out last week and hadn't told anyone yet. She was waiting for the right time to tell him and she figured now was as good a time as any.

"I'm glad you're so great with him... You'll need the practice," Emma said, raising an eyebrow.

"What does that mean, Swan?" Killian chuckled.

"We'll have one of our own pretty soon," she replied, grinning.

"Emma, are you saying you're pregnant?" Killian's eyes widened.

Emma nodded happily.

Killian gently put Neal in his crib beside him before pulling her into a tight hug.

"Are you serious?!?" He asked, his face full of hope and love.

"Yeah," she whispered before her captured her lips.

When they eventually parted, Killian placed his hands on her stomach and allowed a single tear to fall.

"I'm going to be a father," he whispered in awe.