Confessions

Kind of a theory, kind of wishful thinking, kind of really needed to write something about the fact that spoiler, Emma asks Killian to move in with her in the episode this Sunday (6x03)
~~~~~~~

Emma awoke with a jolt.

Nightmares were never a stranger to her, however nightmares that now held visions of the truth, well those were new to say the least.

It had been just five days since she discovered what the visions meant, and her dreams held no mercy. Her family crying over her grave, the cloaked figure targeting them next, everyone she loved heartbroken... those were just a few of the things she saw in these dreams.

Tonight was the worst yet.

Killian was running through the forest, tears spilling down his cheeks. The figure gaining on him. And finally, it was too late. He tripped, and before he could get up, he was once again run through with a sword. The same one that killed Emma just days before. She tried to call out, to tell him it wasn't real, to keep fighting, but it didn't matter. He couldn't hear her. In moments he was dead.

Emma sat up, sobs escaping against her will, consequently waking up the sleeping pirate beside her.

Emma didn't notice until his strong reassuring arms wrapped around her, pulling her into his chest.

This was the first time that he was there to comfort her since the nightmares started. Yesterday, she'd finally worked up the courage to ask him to move in with her. Now, here she was, on a night that should be filled with happiness and hope for the future, in tears at... what time was it? She glanced at the clock, 2:45 am.

He held her silently for a few moments, tracing patterns onto her bare arm, brushing his fingers through her hair, pressing soft kisses to the top of her head... anything to calm her down enough to explain what was wrong.

After several moments of silence, Killian brushed the hair out of Emma's face, looked at her tenderly and whispered "Do you wanna talk about it, love?"

Emma took a deep breath. She couldn't keep this from him anymore. If there was anyone that could keep this secret it was him, and what good was she doing herself by keeping everything pent up? Killian was her true love and he deserved to know what was going on. She was done hiding things from him.

"Yeah. I do. Can we go downstairs?" She asked. They were both going to need some caffeine, and definitely alcohol to get them through this.

Five minutes later they both sat on the couch, hot chocolate with rum in their hands. Emma lay with her head across Killian's lap.

"You have to promise me you won't freak out. You can't get mad at me for not telling you right away either."

"Promise," he said, leaning down to kiss the tip of her nose.

So she told him. She told him about the visions, about what they meant, why she didn't tell him sooner. She told him everything. And when she was done, in place of the anger she was expecting, she was met with understanding blue eyes and a two loving arms to hold her.

"We are going to stop this, Emma," he said finally.

"I don't think we can. Not this time, not this fate. She said my story ends like this. There's no coming back from that, Killian."

"But what if there is? Henry and I spoke about movie sequels. He said sometimes sequels...they're better than the first. Swan, what if your first story ends, the story of the Emma you were when I first met you; closed off, alone, walls up? That story ends, and in its place comes the sequel. Better than the first, more important to the story." He said gripping her arm, hope plastered on his face.

Emma was constantly amazed by this man's quick thinking. He always knew what to say to make her feel better.

"I love you so much, you know that?" Emma sighed, burying her head in this shoulder, curling up in his arms.

"I've heard that a few times, my love, however it brings me joy every time, because it just so happens, I love you too," he replied.

Killian meant what he said. He wasn't going to lose Emma. Not again. They were both here to stay.

He had not done much good in his long, miserable life but he was going to keep the Saviour around, because she took the misery out of so many more lives than just his own.

Emma Swan would be just fine, and I'm the coming weeks, he made sure to remind her that when she needed it most.

Flash forward a month, and as it turned out, he had been correct.

Emma's story wasn't ending. A new chapter was simply beginning.