Prologue

Siyeon opened her eyes. All she sees when she wakes up is grey. Slightly groggy from her sleep, it wasn't until she looked to the bars to the right that made her remember that she was in prison.

"How could I forget?" She let out a sigh. "'Home Sweet Home' for the next decade!" She said to herself sarcastically. She jumped down from the top bunk, not realizing her cellmate was still asleep. "Sorry Handong, hope that wasn't too loud." She whispered, hoping not to wake up her fellow teammate and friend. Surprisingly, she is still sleeping soundly, even with the conditions they're in. "It must've been a long night for ya, huh?"

She had spent her first night here since she was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Some of the others on her team got the same fate. Some were able to not be caught. "At least those 3 got away. I hope they're ok." She is still quietly talking to Handong as if she was awake. She was sure to not let anyone else hear, since the police still don't know how many of them there were.

As she was lost in thought, she heard yelling coming from not far away in the hallway.

"Stop struggling! You're only making this harder for yourself!" She heard the voice coming from one of the guards. Along with him is an all too familiar voice shouting back.

"Get off of me! I can get to the cell myself!" A brown haired girl walks by handcuffed struggling against the hold of a couple of guards. She looks over at Siyeon. "Siyeon?" She looks to one of the guards. "Please let me talk to her. It'll only take a minute. I promise I'll go peacefully, just let me do this." With a look of sympathy, the guards agree to the deal. "Siyeon! Oh my God! You're ok! Did anyone else make it?" She starts to ask, relieved that Siyeon is alive. Tears are streaming down her eyes as she tries to talk to her girlfriend.

"Handong is with me, over there. From what I heard, Gahyeon is placed here too."  She looked into her eyes and gave her a reassuring smile. "Everyone is ok, Sua." She tried to imply the others are safe too and the other girl understood it. Siyeon didn't want her to know that she wasn't aware of the fates of everyone else. She just wanted to give Sua the silver lining that she needed.

Siyeon reached one of her hands past the bars to cup her girlfriend's face, wiping her tears. "I love you."

"I love you too."

They stayed like that for a bit until one of the guards spoke up. "Alright. Your time is up. Time to head to your cell."Keeping to her word, Sua peacefully went to her cell.

Seeing Sua going to her cell made her want to breakdown. All the tears Siyeon held back started to release. She had to appear strong to the others, but just like everyone else, all the events that has happened hit her hard. Even more for her. She believes she's the reason they ended up here. She's the reason some of her friends and the love of her life are in prison. If only she heeded the red flags sooner.

If only she didn't make that wish.