Ch 6: Back at Base

Sua came back to her apartment a little tipsy from earlier in the night. She tried to walk in quietly in case her roommate was asleep.

"You were out late. Did you find him?" A voice asked in the darkness.

"Dami, you're still awake?" Sua asked, surprised that her roommate wasn't already passed out by the time she got back. She reached for the light. "Why are you in the dark?"

"It's calming, plus I wanted to scare you a bit." Looking defeated she then said, "Guess that didn't work."

"You know I don't scare easy, right?"

"So? Doesn't mean I can't take on the challenge." Dami smiled and paused for a bit realizing they were off topic. "Anyways, did you find him?"

"Possibly. A lot of the of sleezebags trying to hit on me matched your description of him. Oh! But do you know who I ran into?"

"Is it mission important?"

"It was Siyeon. I haven't seen her in so long. We took some time to catch up." She said smiling widely talking about earlier. She was so excited to run into her again. So much so that butterflies were flying around in her stomach.

"So, not mission important. Sua, we have to focus. This is way too big of thing to just dismiss to chat with a friend."

"I know. I know. It's just that I really missed her. I've had a crush on her since high school. I would've stayed here with her if she didn't want me to go to university. If only she picked up on the hints."

Dami exhaled loudly. "Look. I get it. It's great that you got to see her again after so long, but what if we lost him? What if you told her what you actually do, especially when you're blinded with love?"

"We didn't miss him. I was still keeping an eye out. Plus I put a tracker on each of those guys, so if anything suspicious happens with any one of them, they would be our man. Also, the story has stayed the same since we planned it. I would be taking a break. Believe me, she doesn't know the truth."

"All right, but you got to be careful."

"I will." SuA said. "Oh yeah! I planted the chips. The cameras should be all yours. Who knew my coin flipping skills were top notch."

Dami noticed the proud look on her face and giggled a bit. "Thanks, now the show's really going to begin."