Ch. 54: Calm Before the Storm (Pt.2)

The group thought it would be a good idea to meet up one more night before heading out to the heist. For some, it was their last chance at their normal lives. They want to make that last for the small amount of time they had left. Everyone had met up at Yoohyeon and Jiu's apartment as per usual, but this time it was for a more relaxing reason. There was a small amount of talk about the heist, but that was bound to happen. They all knew what this night was for, so that part of the conversation dissipated quickly.

"I'm starting to get hungry. Anyone else?" Jiu asked. Everyone chipped in agreeing that they were all hungry. "I'll go order something."

"No need. I know a place not far from here. They don't do delivery, unfortunately, but it's worth the trip." Handong suggested.

"I don't know. We don't have much time to go anywhere this late."

"We can bring some here! Just tell me what you want and I'll go and get it. Trust me, the food is amazing!"

"Are you sure? You don't have to."

"But I want to. Anyone want to come with me?"

"I'll go with! You'll need more hands to carry everything." Gahyeon volunteered.

Great! Thanks. So everyone, write down what you want. I'll pull up their menu on my phone." After everyone put down their orders on a small memo pad, Handong repeated it back to them to make sure it was right. Once everything was settled, the two headed out the door to go to their destination.

The sun was almost completely set by the time they got outside, but the twilight created a beautiful sight. The colors the sky created made a gorgeous blend. A perfect time for them to go on a walk, even if it was for an errand.

"So how are you feeling? You seem pretty calm for a situation like this? The heist, obviously, not this trip. It is tomorrow after all." Gahyeon mentally facepalmed. "Of course, she wouldn't think this walk was nerve-wracking. You're the only one that feels that way. Why did you clarify?"

"Still as nervous as anyone else, but I'm doing those exercises you taught me. They're really helping." Instinctively, Handong grabbed for Gahyeon's hand.

"Y-yeah? That's good to hear." Gahyeon was startled by the sudden action, but she still kept her hand there. It felt right. It was silent for a bit. Gahyeon was having trouble continuing the conversation. Odd for her to do, but her mind was too scrambled to think of anything.

"You're weirdly quiet. Is everything ok? Remember, we agreed to talk to each other."

"Of course, I remember. I actually don't know why I'm being this way, to be honest. Maybe I'm getting nervous too." Nervous in more than one way.

"Well, we can help each other out then."

"Be honest with me. Is this really why you wanted to get out? To get everyone your favorite restaurant's food? This late at night?

"I actually wanted to just walk. The food's a delicious excuse."

"Oh. Uh...Sorry if I ruined your plans then." Gahyeon figured that Handong was hoping that everyone would reject her offer so she would have time for herself.

"You didn't. I'm the one who asked. I was hoping you would come with."

"Really?" Gahyeon looked up at Handong in surprise.

"Of course! Walking with someone I care about makes things a little calmer."

"You care about me?"

"Yeah. I know we only knew each other for a short time, but I felt like we were childhood friends."