Ch. 39: Stage Ready

It was everywhere. Different shades of make-up that Siyeon didn't know existed. It blew her mind as they were setting it all up. The poor coffee table hasn't seen the light of day with how much stuff was on it at a time. "How much of this do you actually need?"

"I'm not gonna use all of it. I'm just experimenting with different things." Yoohyeon was testing different shades on her hand by having a few splotches and blending them together.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Yoohyeon sighed and admitted, "Yeah, it has. But that doesn't mean I can't do it. Sit down. Why do you think we're doing this today?"

"True." Siyeon answered as she tried to sit down on the stool. Unknown to her or Yoohyeon, part of the stool was cracked and as soon as she sat down, the chair snapped making Siyeon fall to the ground.

"Are you ok?!" Yoohyeon asked, rushing to make sure her friend was ok.

"It was a hard fall, but yeah, I'll be fine. I'm just gonna be sore for a bit. Sorry about the chair."

"Don't worry about it. I didn't notice how worn out it was. Let me get you another one."

"Thanks. Make sure it's sturdy this time!" Siyeon joked.

"No promises, but I'll try my best!" After the mess was picked up and a new stool stood in its place, Siyeon sat down carefully and got ready for her transformation.

"Do you know who's gonna be my other guinea pigs?"

"Other than me, Sua for sure. If we need the backup, you might want to practice on Handong as well."

"Good to know. Is everyone coming?"

"Yep. Everyone wants to see us turn into men. I'm not surprised." Siyeon answered, laughing a little.

"Even Panda?" Yoohyeon asked shocked, almost messing up the eyebrows.

"Now you're just asking for the impossible. You know she won't do that."

"I really want to meet her, though."

A ding from Siyeon's phone interrupted their conversation. "Am I good to check?"

"Yeah. I need to look you over for any mistakes anyways."

Siyeon grabbed her phone from the small extra space on the coffee table and read the message.  A smile started to grow on her face. "Let me guess. It's Sua, right?   Yoohyeon asked as she looked at Siyeon. "Speaking of Sua, how was your date yesterday?"

"It actually went really well." Siyeon tried to hide the surprise in her voice.

"The way you said it made it sound like it could've gone wrong."

"To be honest, I was worried."

"What? Why?"

"I wanted to do something for her. Something special. She cooked for us on our last date, so this time, I decided to."

"What?! You?! Cooking?! Do we need to get another fire extinguisher?" Yoohyeon was in disbelief. There was a reason why she never let her cook in the apartment since she started living there. She experienced how bad she was firsthand.

"Hey! It's not that bad."

"Not that bad?! Remember the cafe? You almost exploded the espresso machine!"

"I didn't 'almost explode' it."

"You were about to take out the portafilter without releasing the huge amount of pressure you let in. You could've really burned yourself!"