Ch.22: New Recruits

Warning: Mild amount of strong language

"You said she was asleep!" Dami blurted out. Siyeon did think she was. To her, Jiu seemed so exhausted from her anger at her former job.

"I was, but I went to get a snack until I overheard the conversation. I wasn't doing it on purpose, but I didn't know what to do when you guys started revealing information about yourselves. It's nice to meet you, Robin Hood." She looked at Sua, putting two and two together and figuring out her identity. Sua's face started getting red from getting found out so easily. Jiu then started to tell them how useful she could be. "I can't fulfill any of the other roles you mentioned, but you forgot an important one. 'The Man on the Inside.' I used to be the security manager. I know everything about the building and the security shifts. I could be a huge help to you guys!"

Siyeon knew that she couldn't convince Jiu that she was hearing things, so she tried to get the others to agree to have her join. She was right, she would be really useful. The recon would be less intense and she could find a way to help them get the cameras hacked. At least, Siyeon believed it would. "She's right. She could help us get info that would take a lot of work for us. We can use that extra energy on the rest of the plans."

Dami let out a sigh. "Why does this keep happening to us? Fine, I'll let you in, but if anything goes wrong, it's on you two."

"Great!" Jiu shouted excitedly.

"Why do you want to do this though?" Sua wanted to throw in her observation.

"I want to get Yoohyeon out of this hellhole. I want her to live a life without trying to make rent and pay off debts at the end of every month. I want to make her happy and stress-free for the rest of her life and if doing this gets us to that point, then I'm willing to do so. Also, Taehyung can get fucked over."

Siyeon smiles at her. "Welcome to the team! Feel free to find more people who can help. My only condition is that you don't tell Yoohyeon. She would be so disappointed in us."

"Don't worry. I wasn't planning on bringing her into this anyways."

"Great. Then let's find our next recruit! I've got to figure out what she's doing right now."

"Now? But we barely talked about the plan! Give it a few days at least." Dami interjected.

"Fine."

Like what was planned, they waited a few days as they needed to be more confident in their plan first. Once they were, they went to figure out where Handong would be at the moment.

"Handong should be in the gym right now." Sua said.

"Great! Anyone willing to come with me for a visit?" Siyeon asked.

"I'll go." Sua said. She knew of her fighting skills, but not her clothesmaking skills, so she wanted to evaluate that skill to see if she was a good fit for the group.

"Alright. Let's go!" Siyeon said.

Siyeon and Sua make their way over to Diamond gym. There, they would hopefully find their prime candidate. Sua was right. She saw her punching and kicking a punching bag with her hands bandaged to protect them. The duo started to walk over to her. "Ay! You took my advice! Now your punches are packing much more power."

Handong stopped the punching bag and looked to her left, seeing her boxing partner. "Hey, Sua! You don't look like you're here to practice. What's up?"

Siyeon answered her question. "We need your help with something."

Handong just noticed there was another person there. "Hey, Siyeon! You're here too? Wait, you two know each other? Small world. I'll be happy to help. What do you need?"

"I think you need to hear us out first before you decide to help us, but can we talk somewhere else?"

"Alright?" Handong questioned the situation a bit, but she trusted the girls and went along with their plan. I mean, if they did plan something awful, it's not like she can't defend herself. "That's fine. Let me go change first. I'll be right out."

It didn't take long for Handong to change back into her regular clothes and they started to walk back into her shop and into her office. Sua looked at all the beautifully patterned fabric hanging across the store. There was also a display of dresses that made her jaw drop in awe. She should go to her next time she needs one. Hopefully at an affordable price. "Why didn't she tell me about this? It's amazing!" Sua thought before Handong's question brought her back to reality. "So what is this about?"

"We need you for a, what should I call it, a mission." Siyeon answered.

"Ok?"

"We need you to make us disguises first and foremost. And if you are up to it, can you help protect us?" Sua looked at Siyeon shocked. She thought that she was going to be vaguer with her explanation, but she almost gave her full plan away.

"Disguises? Protection? What kind of mission is this anyway?" Handong was suspicious of their request. "What the hell are they planning? Did they kill someone? Are they on the run? I need an answer!" Handong thought as she feared the worst.

"Let me cut to the chase. We are planning a heist. We have very skilled people on our team already and I think you would be a perfect fit. Please. Your role is vital to us. You even get a cut of the money. I know it's hard for you right now, but I can help you out. Will you join us?"

"Siyeon!! What the hell? Don't tell her everything!" Sua couldn't believe what Siyeon was doing. She gave a questioning look to Siyeon. Siyeon gave her a look back that meant to say "Trust me."

Handong was shocked by her answer. Even though it wasn't murder, she was surprised to find out that they were planning to commit a big crime. Considering it was Siyeon who told her about the plan, she figured that she was the ringleader. Handong got confused as to how she could rope Sua into this. She looks over at Sua dumbfounded, not knowing that she's an experienced criminal. "She got you into this too?"

"Yes, she did." Sua had to do some damage control. "You can trust her. I got involved for reasons I don't want to discuss at the moment, but Siyeon is right. There are extremely skilled people on the team to make sure this heist succeeds." Handong was surprised by Sua's behavior. She didn't look like she was afraid of the situation she was placed in. Handong thought that she was blackmailed into this, but her behavior showed that it might not be the case. She had a lot of trust in her friend she had grown so close with over their time in the gym. Would this be a bad idea for her?

"Alright, I'll do it, but if things start to get dodgy, I'm out. Don't worry I won't tell anyone. I'm not that kind of person."

"That was easier than I thought. Thank God Sua was here. I thought I had to do more convincing." Siyeon thought, relieved that she agreed. "So Handong, we will meet at this address at this time to discuss our plans further." Siyeon gives her a piece of paper with Yoohyeon and Jiu's address on it. She also put down the time where Yoohyeon would be working, so that everyone can talk without anyone listening in. "I'll see you then, but for now, we'll take our leave. We've got someone else to recruit." They waved their goodbyes and left the gym.

Handong looked down at the note as they left. She was contemplating whether or not if she was making a huge mistake. She obviously had never done anything like this before. It was risky, but it was the only thing she could do to try and save her business. "You better keep your word." She thought out loud and put the piece of paper into her purse and went home for the night.