Ch.46: Possible Solutions

Now that there was some pressure taken off of Siyeon ever since she revealed herself, Sua decided to follow her to the shop to ask further about the curse. It would be stressful to fully focus on both the curse and the heist at once. Hopefully, they could try and tackle the curse first, so that everyone will be able to have their full attention for the heist. Maybe if they find something new, something that could help fight it, that it would ease Siyeon's mind even more.

They decided to go when the shop just got off-hours. It gave them more time to talk while not worrying about the possibility of customers hearing them. Plus, it gave them more free reign to talk anywhere in the store, rather than the very cluttered back room. Being in the store also gave them plenty of resources they could use against the stone if they had an idea.

"So she knows?" Lily asked.

"She knows. I told her the entire story. She's trying her best to help."

"You believe it? I'm not saying you shouldn't, but usually no one would believe us if we told them that Siyeon got cursed. Any help is appreciated."

"I would do anything for her. Even if giving her peace of mind back means curing her of something possibly supernatural." Sua was surprised that Lily was just as serious as Siyeon was. Is this curse actually real? She didn't know Lily as much as Siyeon, but from what she knows about her, if she's serious about this thing, there must be something ominous going on. Even if it might not be the case, she would have to treat it like it is. "What does this thing look like in the first place?" Sua asked, trying to get the ball rolling. She needed more information in order to help her girlfriend. If she learns more, she can probably check for other options for everything happening.

"Well, Yeji told us back then, in Ralia, that it was a skull. She even implied that it was a skull when it was in her possession. But it just looked like a stone when we got it. It would make sense that it withered down, but why would it wither down that much in that short amount of time. It was only about a year and a half ago when Yeji had it. What makes it even weirder is that it looked neat. Like someone maintained it for a while. It doesn't make any sense. Why would something that looked like it was in mint condition, be something that should've been withered down after so many years? Why didn't it look like it withered down after so many years until we had it? It wasn't even close to looking like a skull."

"Are you sure it's the right one?"

"I'm positive. What other malachite do you know of that magically disappears after it gives someone bad luck?"

"True. I just want to be sure."

"Sua," Siyeon puts her hands in hers before looking into her eyes. "I'm glad you're helping us. The only thing I ask is that you don't hold back this entire conversation. We won't be making any progress if everyone sugarcoats everything, even if you think it might hurt your girlfriend."

"I know and I won't. Why this all of a sudden?"

"I just want to make sure you'll answer truthfully to my next question. I've been wondering this ever since I told you." Siyeon looked down at their hands before looking up back at her. "Do you have doubts about this?"

"Just a small one." Sua admitted before justifying herself. "I'm just seeing all the options in case we find out that it wasn't this skull that is causing all this trouble. I'm just being prepared. You know how we're always careful." Sua reassured Siyeon by rubbing the back of her hand. "I'm with you on this. I'll go back to talking about the skull. That's the main thing, but don't be surprised that I'm looking into other things as well."

"We've tried that already. We both have been researching curses. It'll be the same results for you as it was for us. Plus, we have Yeji now. It probably won't be as much different if we bring it up with her."  Lily said, out of the blue. She didn't want to ruin their moment, but she wanted to bring this point up before Sua could possibly waste her efforts on something they already know.