Ch. 45: Unveiled

It was almost time for the meeting. Sua and Siyeon were still back at Sua's place looking for something.

"Where is it?"

"Don't you usually have it in a specific place after each robbery?"

"Usually, but we rearranged things recently and we haven't done any other robberies since we planned this thing. I hope we find it. It's our only chance of having them believe me."

"They still probably could. You have three other people who could vouch for you."

"I know, but still. Having physical proof is more comforting. I'm kinda scared that they'll either laugh at me for how ridiculous it sounds or get angry at me for lying to them. I just can't seem to think of an option where everyone's happy."

"If you're that worried, you don't have to do this. We still have time to cancel. I can handle this. I always have."

"No, I have to. I'm not having you suffer in silence to save my own skin. I care about your well-being. We are taking that weight off your shoulders. You're not going to change my mind."

"Fine. No matter what they think, I'll be there. I'm sure the others would understand, though. Now, come on. Let's keep looking. It's got to be in here somewhere."

***

Everyone gathered in the usual meeting space. Siyeon and Sua weren't there yet and the rest were starting to get concerned. "Do you guys know why we're meeting? All I was told was to meet here tonight." Yoohyeon asked Handong and Gahyeon.

"Nope. We got the same message as you did. I'm starting to worry what it's about." Handong answered her.

"Same here. I hope they get here soon."

They waited for a few minutes longer before both of them walked through the door, led by Sua. "Sorry, we're late! I had to find something important."

"We didn't know it was gonna take that long, though. It was so hard to find." Siyeon added.

"What was hard to find?" Handong asked curiously.

"This!" Sua showed a small wooden box will a small bird carved onto it.

"A box? What's so special about it?" Gahyeon asked.

"I'll get to that in a second. I still have to set up things on Panda's end. Don't want to leave her out." Sua started to set the cameras back up and get the microphones ready. "Panda, can you hear me?" No response. "Panda, are you there?" Still no response. "Siyeon, can you text her." Siyeon nodded and did as she asked. "What the hell's up with this thing?"

While Sua was doing that, a knock was heard at the door. All at once, everyone's hearts sank to their stomachs. "Were you expecting anyone?" Handong asked looking at Siyeon.

"I wasn't. Did you two plan anything?" Siyeon asked her roommates.

"No. Even if we did, we would've canceled them. I'll check who it is." Yoohyeon got up from her chair and checked through the peephole. She recognized the visitor. She was the shop regular that Siyeon and Sua saw at the cafe. What was she doing there? Did Lionheart find out about them? Are they spying on them? What should she do? Yoohyeon took a deep breath."Don't panic. Remember what Jiu said. The group wouldn't let anything get through the cracks. Just lie if she starts asking questions." Her thoughts were interrupted by another knock at the door startling Yoohyeon. "Who is it?"

Dami thought this would be a good chance to mess with her and smirked with her newly developing plan. "C'mon. You don't remember me? I remember you. We've been talking for months now. I thought we knew each other."