Ch. 14: New Discovery

Siyeon wakes up on Yoohyeon's couch and immediately tries to think of what to say to them both. Having the time pass really helped clear her mind from the chaos the day before. Should she tell them? They were just like her, so they wouldn't shun her. The worst that could happen was that they might get upset that she didn't tell them about it sooner, but all she has to explain is her trust hasn't been the most dependable lately.

She also has to figure out a way to help pay for the rent. Knowing Yoohyeon, she would let her stay there without any sort of payment, but Siyeon couldn't do that to her. She needs to repay her for her kindness at such a desperate time. She wanted to help Yoohyeon and Jiu support all three of themselves living here. Since Lily's place wouldn't be enough to make rent, she decided to take another part time job to help out more. Later that day, she would start looking.

While Siyeon was lost in thought, she noticed that she had gotten a message. It was from Sua.

Sua:
I saw your message earlier, but
I didn't have time to respond. Are
you doing ok? Where are you at right
now? Is it ok if I stop by?

                                                                                Siyeon:
                                         I'm still feeling awful, but
                                         sleep helped ease it a bit. I
                                         would love for you to see me
                                         right now, but I have to head
                                         to work. I'll still send you the
                                         address.

After Siyeon sent Sua the address, Yoohyeon came into the living room. "How are you holding up?"

Siyeon told her how she felt and how she gave Sua her address. She gave out a sigh before she spoke again. "Actually, there's a bit more to the story that I didn't tell you two. I'll wait until Jiu's in here to say it, since I want both of you to hear it."

"No problem! Jiu's making breakfast for us all, so when we're done eating, we can talk. Is that all right for you?"

"Sure."

As they planned, they had a conversation. Siyeon started to tell them how Tayhyung only thought that she was sleeping with Sua because he believed in all those stereotypes with her sexuality. She told them that that's the main reason why he started to get delusional. "I would've told you both sooner. It's just that my trust has failed me twice when I told anyone before. I felt comfortable to tell you guys this since you guys are like me and won't shun me. I hope you understand."

"Oh Siyeon! We would've accepted you either way. It would've been fine to tell us even if we were straight." Yoohyeon reassured her.

"We also wouldn't want you to rush anything. Saying something like this takes time, especially when the last reactions you got were negative. Thank you for telling us both."

Siyeon felt relieved. There's finally people she told that accepted her. They left that part of the conversation at that. At one point Yoohyeon was about to ask her about her possible feelings for Sua. She felt that it wasn't the right time for it, though.

"Oh yeah! I was gonna tell you guys that I'm trying to get another job to help you guys out. The expenses start to go way up when there's another person living here."

"Siyeon, you don't have to right now. You're still trying to recover. We got this for now."

"No. It's fine. I would have a better sense of mind to make sure you guys aren't in financial trouble because of me. Plus, I'll put part of my earnings away for myself, so that I can become independent again. I was thinking about this last night. I made a plan that could possibly work. Just give me a couple weeks. For now, I gotta go to work."

"Alright. It's not like I can stop your plans. See ya!"

A couple weeks pass. Sua did come to see her during those weeks, but it was only for a few minutes at a time, since she had to go back to work. In the meantime, Siyeon was looking for more part-time work. She was having a hard time getting a job. "You think it would be easy to get a part time gig. What the hell!" She expressed her frustration out loud. This was hard to believe. Businesses were either outright telling her she hadn't gotten the job or they come up with excuses like: "Oh, we saw your application. We think you'd be a good fit, but we're not hiring right now." or "We'll reach out for you in a couple days. We have to discuss your potential here." Siyeon called bullshit on that. She never once got a call. She had a thought that Taehyung had something to do with these issues. She had to convince herself otherwise once she came to the realization that she was starting to get just as paranoid as he was. Regardless of whether Taehyung was involved or not, Siyeon was running out of places to work. She would go back to her old job at the cafe if she could, but that building has been torn down for a couple years now.

Rent was coming up and she really wanted to help the couple out so that they don't get evicted. In order to do that, she resorted to pickpocketing again. She was desperate at this point, since no one else wanted to hire her. She told Yoohyeon and Jiu that she had found a job at a distant convenience store as to not have them come visit her or ask questions. During that time during her "shift", she would go back to her old ways and look for wealthy targets to steal from. She knew the best areas for that, so racking in the right amount of cash usually shouldn't be too hard. It was just inconsistent. Sure, she's got enough for rent this month, but what about the next. She couldn't be certain that she would make even close to what she needed.

After a night of pickpocketing, she decided to give her mind a break and turned on the tv. The news was on. They were still talking about the footage at Jazz Bar as it was the only evidence they had to figure out who Robin Hood was. When Siyeon saw the footage the first time, her mind was full of the information that happened that day and wasn't focused on much of the details. She only saw the eyes at first. Now that she saw this with fresh eyes, she learned that the robber had revealed part of their face. Enough for the authorities to determine that this Robin was female. They just weren't able to identify them as they needed more information. But for Siyeon, she instantly recognized her right away as the mouth was revealed. How could she ever forget that smile?

———
Author's Note

So, as I was writing more chapters, I started to realize that they are getting longer than what they used to be. I'm just giving you guys a heads up that, at least for the next few chapters, are gonna be as long or a bit longer than this one.

Thank you all for reading and I'll see ya guys next week!