Ch. 59: Jackpot

Sua looked through the room determining if the area was safe or not. "That's weird. There's no cameras." She thought to herself before turning to the other two. "Scan the area, fast. Jam any camera you see immediately." All three of them rushed into the room to be met with no cameras or any guards. Strange, but Sua figured that the door back there was their huge line of defense considering their golden ticket of a keycard failed to work. She put all her focus back on the vault. "Holy fuck!"

"Could you quiet it down? We don't want to get caught." Handong warned Sua.

"Sorry, I was just surprised. I didn't think it would look like the ones in the movies, though. Probably for Taehyung to show off to his friends. This is gonna be interesting."

"Is it difficult?"

"Yep, but that's to be expected. I figured it would be very high quality. It's gonna take me some time. I need you two to keep a lookout in the meantime. It won't take them long to realize that their guards aren't answering their comms. Stay vigilant. If there's only a couple, take them down. Understood?" Both of them responded with a nod before Sua went back to work. "Alright gorgeous, you better not cause too much trouble." She spoke to the vault. She was about to face her greatest challenge yet.

From the looks of it, it didn't have an electrical lock. Yet, it still looked fairly modern and new. From her research on these kinds of vaults, she would still need Dami's help to deactivate the alarms if the vault were to open. She took a bigger version of the jammers and stuck it onto the vault. "Alright, Panda. It's showtime. Work away."

"Copy that, Queen." After a few moments of silence, Sua heard Dami's voice come through again. "You're all set. Good Luck."

"Thanks. Over and out." Sua took out a small, but thick cylindrical, metal device. She took a minute to find the spot she was looking for before she placed one end onto the safe and pressed a small button on the other end to lock it.

"Is that one of Panda's?"

"Nope, this baby's all mine," Sua said proudly.

"I thought you don't work with devices when it comes to safecracking."

"Have you seen this thing?" Sua exaggeratedly gestured towards the vault door. "It's gonna take more than just my ears, which is why I put this vault amp on. That way I'll be able to hear the clicks better and avoid background noise." She took a pair of earbuds and plugged them into the headphone jack that Siyeon didn't notice until now.

"I'll let you focus then."

***

What seemed to be a quick job at first, took more and more time than expected. "What's wrong? We've been taking a long time on this."

"Nothing's wrong. This is a complicated safe. It's going to take me more time. This may look like the ones from the movies, but they don't act the same. There's some real delicacy that goes into this. This is way bigger than those other ones we dealt with in the past."

"Are we close?"

"I've heard two clicks, so I'm almost done. Just one more rotation."

"Well, you better do it fast. I hear more footsteps coming closer. Sounds more than two." Handong suddenly warned from the doorway.

Sua started to speak to herself to keep her calm. She would do this kind of thing in the more intense situations she's gone through before. "Alright Sua, no pressure. It shouldn't be too much longer. Just need that last click." As if she jinxed it into existence, she suddenly heard the last click she was waiting for. "Panda, relock the door." She said into her radio. "Let's go." The three of them rushed into the safe, while Siyeon made it look like the vault door was shut without locking themselves in.