Ch. 57: High Roller

"Way to go, Hound!" Sua quietly spoke her cheerful thoughts aloud. She started to look around. From what she imagined, she'd thought that it would just be a regular hallway. Instead, there were winding paths with rooms connected here and there. It seemed like their difficult work was never done, but it was to be expected in a place like this. "How are we gonna get past this labyrinth?"

"We can't just randomly choose a path. We'd get lost."

Sua thought for a minute before she came up with an plan. "Maybe we can use Lionheart to our advantage."

"What do you mean by that?"

"They'd definitely know their way around more than we do. I know it'll take a longer time, but it's so much shorter than when we'd do it ourselves. We just need to watch where they go. Maybe we can even eavesdrop on them. Might get us closer to the vault that way."

Siyeon nods and they start the plan as soon as they spot a couple of the suited men start to walk down one of the paths. They followed until they got to another fork in the road. Luckily one, of the men mentioned that they were called to the counting room near the vault. Based on Siyeon's research of the place, it was the room where they go to count the money for inventory before they put it in a vault. This is actually the perfect place to start taking. They'd still get a lot of the casino's cash before there could possibly be problems with the original plan. Why didn't she think of this before? "Counting room? I think we need to go there first. It'll be easier than breaking into the vault."

"Not necessarily. You think they'd go in unguarded? We'll still head over there, but be aware of any sort of surveillance." Sua must've done her research too.  With her little advice in mind, they both start to follow the lone Lionheart to the said counting room. He slides his keycard as the light nearby turns green and walks in. Sua could see that it was a black card, but she wasn't sure if it was the same kind that got them in the hallways. The two wait until the door shuts behind him before they spoke again. "Siyeon, I need you to carefully check through the door window and see if there's any threat."

"But what if I'm seen? Stealth is more of a you thing."

"Stealth is both of our things."

"Yeah, but one of us is cursed. I don't want to risk being seen."

"Alright, I'll go. Be on standby for a signal. Otherwise, I'll come back to you for an update on the situation."

Sua snuck over to the door. She carefully moves her head tilted up to the corner to the window. She saw the same guy counting the cash like he was supposed to, but that wasn't all. From her view there were already a couple cameras stationed in this small room. Who knows if there were more past her field of view? Not only that, but on either side of the man, were two armed guards with what seemed like assault rifles. It seemed a little too overboard for a room like this, but it didn't surprise Sua all that much. A criminal organization as big as theirs would want to keep their money accounted for no matter what the cost.

She snuck back over to Siyeon to give her the unfortunate news. "Yeah, we're not going in there. Too much security and too many guns. Our only bet is the vault. Luckily, we know it's around here somewhere."

They started to look through the door windows of the rooms nearby one by one, searching for a place that could be their target. "Over here." Siyeon got Sua's attention, pointing at the last door to check further down in the hall. It was suspicious that the guards were standing in that one area. The only room with guards stationed outside. They figured that it could be what they were looking for. They both quietly thought about what to do. There wasn't any options that they could see to distract them and it seemed like the guards weren't going to go anywhere anytime soon.