Ch. 18: Practice Round

"Where is it then?" Sua asked, trying to make sure that Dami didn't see what almost happened. She was so close to getting what she wanted for years. Dami was talented with her bad timing.

"It's called Odd Eye. They specialize in being a futuristic nightclub, but in actually, they specialize in money laundering. More specifically, they hide their drug trafficking behind locked doors of their business with their 'investors'. Compared to Jazz Bar, they aren't that big of an organization, so it's easy pickings. Because of that, it's a good place to start you off. It took a bit of digging to find this out, but I got it."

"Great!" Siyeon started to feel nervous about how her first robbery was going to go. She wanted to make sure she showed her true potential. "So, when are we doing this?"

"Tonight."

"Tonight?!"

"Relax. It's only the recon part of it for now. All we have to do is to pretend to be patrons and casually search for any secret rooms kept out of the floor plans and any other security measures that would hinder us otherwise." Sua noticed how nervous Siyeon was and wanted to reassure her by going into more detail about it. "Oh! Did I tell you about the jammers yet?" She almost forgot to train her on that.

"Only that you use them on the cameras."

"Yeah, that's true, but there's more you need to know about them before we let you use them. It's usually hard to place jamming devices on anything without looking suspicious. To fix that, Dami made it look like a coin. When we flip them up to the camera, there's a magnet that would stick itself into the device."

"What if the camera's not magnetic?"

"Well, that's something that we'll find out and prepare for the next day. Sometimes recon takes more than one day." Sua continued to explain.

"Alright. Why a coin? Wouldn't that also be suspicious?"

"It would be, unless you either, 1) are really sneaky about it or 2) you establish coin flipping as a habit first. We usually don't want to go for the cameras right away, especially if we choose to do the habit option. We want to make people think that this is a normal thing for you, like for example, that it's a way you pass the time when waiting for someone. Plus, out of all the things, I think a coin's the least suspicious thing that could 'accidentally' hit a camera if we get caught. There aren't too many other options." Dami said, explaining her creation. "I also make sure I delete any footage of the recon so people don't catch on to the coin flipping at every location."

"Ok, I think I get it now."

"Alright, any more questions before we head out?" Sua asked.

"Nope. All good!" Siyeon said with as much confidence as she could muster to hide the fact that she is still nervous.

"Great! Then, let's head ou-"

"Hold on, guys!" They both look over at Dami who just interrupted Sua. "Since it's our first recon with another person, I decided that you guys should have roles. If one person gets caught, we can have a reliable story if both of you get questioned."

"Ooooh!! Sounds like fun!! What am I?!" Sua shouted excitedly.

"Ah!! You're so loud. Let my ears recover first." Dami shook her head before continuing. "So, if you guys are fine with it, I'm gonna have you two be a couple," Dami said smiling. As soon as the other two heard that, they both looked at each other and blushed hard. To them two, they thought that Dami knew they almost kissed, but actually, this was Dami's way of messing with Sua for telling someone else about their secret. Plus, it was a good way to test Siyeon's other skills. In this case, her acting and improv skills under pressure. She also wanted to mess with Siyeon as well, since she is blackmailing them both. It's like a small bit of revenge that she can let out for now.