Ch. 26: Assemble

Dami came out of her room the next morning after an all-nighter with research on Red Sun. She was about to go to the kitchen to get herself a coffee when she noticed the lovebirds asleep on the couch. She didn't even know that Siyeon was there. "What did I miss?" Dami quietly said to herself before going to make her coffee. Once she did, she silently drank it, so that she didn't wake them up. She was slightly tempted to scare them awake, but she had to fight it with her better judgment. She didn't want to ruin their beautiful moment.

Slowly, the two started to wake up. Siyeon had stretched her arms out and looked around. When she spotted Dami, she almost jumped out of her seat. "How long have you been sitting there?"

"I could ask the same to you? I just came to enjoy my morning coffee." She smiled at the two.

Siyeon's face got red. Should they tell her? She didn't know if it was ok to reveal their relationship. "Morning Dami!" Sua greeted her friend casually as if she hadn't cuddled with Siyeon all night.

"Morning Sua! How did your night go?" Dami made eye contact with Siyeon, knowing full well that she gets easily embarrassed.

"It went wonderfully. Thank you for giving us the night to ourselves again."

"No problem. And Siyeon. It's not hard to figure out what's going on here. I don't know if you know this, but you're not exactly subtle."

"How long have you known?"

"Since me and Sua met, she has been talking about the one that got away. When I saw your reaction to my idea about the roles, it became completely obvious that you felt the same for her. It was just a matter of when and I guess that was last night, considering how you guys slept. I guess there's also the fact that Sua kept asking me for the apartment to herself. I hope you're better at keeping other secrets hidden, for our sake."

"Oh." Siyeon's face stayed red. She never knew how obvious she was. Unlike Dami, her poker face was ineffective. In fact, Siyeon had no idea how Dami felt about their relationship. "Does she think this will jeopardize the heist?" Siyeon had to clear that up. "Look I-"

"No need to explain further. I know you guys are more careful than that. I doubt you guys would risk everything just to be lovey-dovey. Besides, you both would know what would happen if that was the case." Dami said that last part in a semi menacing tone, straight-faced. At a flip of a switch, Dami smiled again. "I'll leave you lovebirds alone. Besides, I got to continue working on our plans. Remember, the meeting is tonight. Are the two you recruited gonna be there tonight?"

"Yep, they'll be there for sure. You don't have to worry." Siyeon bluffed. She was certain Gahyeon was going to be there, but Handong was a hard person to read. She was completely unsure if she changed her mind.

"Good. See ya tonight... Kind of."

"What do you mean, 'Kind of'?"

"You'll see. Can't explain now, I've got a lot of work to do."

"Good Luck!" Sua shouted back at her before Dami retreated back to her room.

"The same goes for me. I've got to get things ready for tonight." Siyeon says when Dami left.

"Is there anything you need help with?"

"You can come with me. You're the famous criminal after all. I could really use your expertise. Also, I just really enjoy your company." Siyeon gave her a kiss. "Hopefully we'll have some extra time afterwards." She wiggled her eyebrows at the statement.

"Let's get going then!" Sua shouted. They both laughed before leaving the apartment. They wanted to savor the time they had before they would get brought back to reality. That everything might change once they go through the heist. This is something that both of them were aware of and were slightly scared that it could go for the worse. They would do everything in their power to make this plan work. Time seemed to fly by fast for them that day and it was soon time for the meeting. They went to their places to get stuff prepared for the big night.