Ch. 8: The Drive Home

"Interesting start to your morning, huh?" Sua laughed. "I've only seen that happen in movies. Never thought I would see it in real life."

"You should've seen what happened earlier. I'd end up replacing my entire outfit at this point." Siyeon started to laugh as well.

"Well, if you had that bad of a morning, it could only go up from here." Sua tried to cheer Siyeon up and it appeared to be working. She thought that bringing up her husband could also cheer her up. Plus, it gives Sua a chance to learn more about him. Win-Win. "So, when did you and your husband meet? Actually, I never got his name. We didn't have much time to talk."

"Oh yeah. Well, his name is Taehyung. I met him when I used to work at this spiritual shop."

"A spiritual shop? Neither of you seemed like the type to be into that stuff."

"It's interesting, but I'm not into it. Lily offered me the job when I needed it. I mostly just organized things in the back. Without her doing that for me, I don't know where I'd be."

"Wait, Lily? I remember her. You used to hang out with her sometimes, right?"

"Yeah. I was one of her friends. She's a great person. I hope you get to meet her."

"Do you still work there?"

"Yeah, but not as often as I used to. I usually go when Lily really needs it."

"Oh. And what about Taehyung? How did he end up at the spiritual shop?"

"Well, we had this fair going on. It's nothing like what you see at a carnival, though. It's more like other spiritual people from other shops bring over things from their shops for people to see and buy. Things like this jade." She pulled the jade that she picked up from her first day in the store out of her pocket. "It's a way for the other businesses to get themselves out there and that year, it was held in Lily's shop. Anyways, his sister was into this kind of thing and wanted to get something to bring her positive energy. She didn't want to go alone, so she dragged her brother with her. While I saw him walking around uninterested with the things there, he spotted me cleaning the counter looking at him and decided to talk with me. We had an instant connection once we both realized how much we had in common. He asked me for my number after we were done talking and things went on from there." Siyeon put the jade back in her pocket as she finished her story.

"Interesting. Are you really happy with him?"

"Of course I am! He's the love of my life."

"Oh... uh...yeah. That's a dumb question on my part. Just by the look on your face, I know how much you love him." Sua replied, smiling the best she can, despite her feelings. "I'm happy for you, Siyeon." She meant it. She just wants her happiness, if anything.

The tone of the conversation started to change as soon as Siyeon spoke again. "Anyways, what about you? I wanna know more about college life. Were you the studious type or the partying type? Do you know what to do with your degree afterwards? Now that I think about it, I don't even know your major."

Before Sua could answer, they were already at Siyeon's house. "Well, seems like we're here. I'll text ya later. Gotta go! Bye."

Siyeon got out of the car and Sua drove off. Siyeon wondered why she left in a hurry, but she shrugged it off as she thought she was busy and headed into her home.