*BONUS* (Author's Note)

Hey guys! I thought it would be cool to have a giant Author's Note containing some easily missed references I made to the group, as well as fun facts about this story and my writing process writing it. I will split this into 2 sections if you would rather read part of it than the whole. If anything, I really wanted the Fun Fact that's written in italics to be read as it's important for me to mention.

References (In Order of Chapters):

Besides the obvious ones, I wanted to point out the ones you may have missed, reference things that not every InSomnia knows, or that I might have made it too subtle to the point that it was too hard to figure out.

-Sua struggling with the cop at the prison: Reference to the nightmare she represents, being restrained.

-Lily: She is a reference to Jiu's English name and her hair color represents her hair in Scream, which partially explains why she was Jiu's twin in this story. (There'll be more to talk about her in the fun facts section.)

-Siyeon not liking/fear of crowded spaces: It's a reference to the nightmare she represents, claustrophobia.

-This next one is one that some of you might not have caught. The calling card: The black card, with red roses, and "Repent written in gold (some could say it's close to yellow). Yep, it's a reference to Dreamcatcher's official colors! If you caught that, great job! I thought it was subtle. Hopefully, it actually was. If not...Welp!

-Siyeon being confused when she sees that Jiu lives at Yoohyeon's place: I just really wanted to put a Confusiyeon reference.

-Siyeon being easily startled: Reference to that one video where the staff kept scaring Siyeon.

-Siyeon being bad at cooking: Mostly that one vlive, where she was cooking what I think was Tteokbokki. I got so nervous when she started cutting the potato. Lmao.

-The small fire during Siyeon's first cooking/ Yoohyeon asking about the fire extinguisher on the second date in the story: While in the story it was part of the curse, but it's another reference to a vlive. It was when Dami brought over the fire extinguisher as a joke after Siyeon's marshmallow was engulfed by flames.

-"Whistling a familar tune." (Ch. 20): This is the one that can easily be taken as just a thing Sua does and not really be a reference, but what I was trying to do was make her whistle to Whistle. I understand if it can be missed. I think it's too subtle.

-Sua's boxing: On one of the vlives , on an Weekly Idol episode, and a bit in Dreamcatcher mind, she mentioned or referenced that she was picking up boxing.

-Gahyeon the street racer: Her driving vlog. I have only seen a small bit of it when she's driving. So while I thought about the roles, this clip came to mind and I thought it would be perfect.

-"'You're making it seem like I'm a parent.' Siyeon laughed." (Ch.23)- Reference to the vlive where Sua drew the marriage chart. It's mostly the part where Dami says that Gahyeon is their child and Sua responds "Gahyeon is hard to raise."

-Yoohyeon mentioning Judy Hopps after Jiu suggests her codename: Jiu's Seven Spirits Halloween costume.

-Siyeon breaking the chair as she's getting the disguise make-up done: Yet another reference to a v-live where Siyeon broke the chair she was sitting on, while her, Jiu, and Gahyeon were all shocked at what just happened and laughed at Siyeon's reaction to it.

***

I might add more here later if I forgot any, but that's the most I remember since references started to slow down after a while.

Fun Facts (AKA Behind the Scenes):

-Okay, let's start with one that's not as fun, but everything will go uphill, I promise. I just felt like this needs to be mentioned, even if it hasn't been brought up before. There's the part in Ch. 4 where Siyeon makes the wish to never fail again. Now we all know why she made that wish in the story, but I wanted to make sure that people know that it wasn't a reference to real life. (Ex. What happened with Minx. It would feel like I was mocking what happened in the past if I did. I never like to bring up Minx in general, unless the members bring it up themselves. So that's why I'll never bring up Minx in any of my fics.) That wish is also the reason why I now write a warning in the description in all my stories.

-Positive facts now! This idea for the story came to me in a dream. Well, mostly just the jail stuff and curse. I had to take creative liberties on how Siyeon got the curse and ended up in jail. When I woke up, I just had to write this down since I thought it was so interesting. Also, Jiu was meant to be what Lily was, only more of a witchy character. The thing was, I wanted Jiu involved more and the witchy thing would be going farther in the supernatural than I want it to be. The thing was, this character was a huge part of launching the story and I couldn't leave her out, so the spiritual twin came into existance.

-Going along with the dream fact above, the ship was completely different. My dream had Siyoo as the ship, instead of Suayeon. So why did I change it? That's an easy question to answer, actually: The "Distraction" role. I did start writing this with Siyoo in mind and if it still stayed that way, Yoohyeon's and Sua's characters would switch. The problem came to what kind of distraction I wanted to have in the heist: Sexy vs. Clumsy and/or loud. If I had Sua as the distraction, she would've done the sexy approach. I didn't think I could write the sexy kind well (or at the very least, not as confident in). I'd feel like I would excel better if I did the other route, so I changed their characters to fit it.

-Notice how I didn't put Hanstrong in the references section. I didn't forget, there's just a reason I didn't put it there. So, I planned this towards around March or April of 2021. That was before Dreamcatcher Mind aired. I planned on making Handong the muscle just for fun since I was still trying to figure out the roles everyone would have. This has been the biggest coincidence I've ever seen when I watched that episode in Dreamcatcher Mind.

-The amount of research I put in for small things! You thought that I spent a lot of time on Handong's codename. That's nothing compared to the amount of time I spent researching rocks! It took me hours to look up different meanings of some stones trying to find the right ones to use in the story. I'm happy with the ones I chose and they fit perfectly with me. Other stones I considered along with the malachite were: Citrine (the one that was the closest to the one in my dream), Labradorite (still showed up in the story for a bit because I thought it looked cool), Aventurine, and Carnelian (which was also an option for what the jade ended up being).

-Lionheart was interesting. The name of it at least. It was meant to be a reference to King Richard, who was also referred to that name. I wanted to keep the Robin Hood lore there. The thing is, after I posted the chapter where their organization is revealed, I found out that it's the same name as a Girl's Generation and a Oneus song. I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't referencing those songs or any other Kpop song with the same name. It was just a coincidence.

-Back to the Handong codename thing! There was something I left out of that Author's Note. There was a certain codename I was trying to avoid. It's nothing bad or offensive. It was something that would start to copy a certain Persona game. I already have calling cards, the casino, and the name Queen. I just didn't want to make this story close to it or accidentally make it a Persona 5 AU. So, I tried my best to not use the name Panther. Although, I do admit I got the idea to use a calling card from that game.

-Every idol outside of Dreamcatcher in this story was added because they are my biases in their respective groups...Well, most of them. At the time I wrote her first appearance, Sana was my Twice bias. I just started getting into Twice when I added her. Now since I listened to more of their songs and watched more clips of them, my bias changed. It's not like I don't like her now. She's great! Now she's a bias wrecker.

-Going along with the point above: I do not hate any of the idols mentioned here. Yes, I made Changbin and, especially, Taehyung the worst, but that does not reflect on how I feel about them in real life. Taehyung was one of my first biases in the first Kpop group I followed and I still consider him to be one of my biases to this day. For Changbin, he's the one that drew me into Stray Kids in the first place and I'm drawn to his raps every time in their songs. Plus, the both of them seem to be the nicest people.

-For each of the heist chapters, I wanted to name them after a casino term. (Surprisingly enough, chase is a casino term as well. It's meaning made sense to the situation as well as the fact that they were in a car chase.)

___

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. I'll be happy to answer any. Other than that, I hope to see you guys in Unlucky Charmed: Breaking Out!