Ch.1: Where It All Began

-1 year ago-

Coming home from work, Siyeon arrives back home to receive a welcome back kiss from her husband.

"I made reservations in that restaurant you liked." Taehyung said.

"At the Jazz Bar?"

"That's the one! I have to go take a phone call right now, but after that's settled, we'll go straight there."

Siyeon looks around the house while she is waiting. She is thankful for all the things she was able to do in life. She's got a beautiful house, a beautiful life, and best of all, a loving husband. What more could she wish for?!

She would've been back to her old life on the streets. She never wanted that to happen ever again. This new life was all thanks to Lily's help. She don't know where she would've ended up if they didn't fatefully run into each other on the street a couple years ago.

-Flashback-

Siyeon was observing the street as she calmly walked around. She wanted to make herself unassuming as to not raise flags to the people she pickpocketed. She locates her next target. With the jewels on her hand and what seemed like an expensive purse, Siyeon figured that the woman was loaded. She was careful to not have herself get caught and pretends to bump into her on accident and take whatever's in her purse. She took what she can quickly grab.

What she assumed to be a wad of cash, Siyeon ended up grabbing a blue rock with black lines that made it appear as if it was cracked. "What the hell is this?" She whispered to herself.

"That is a Labradorite. It's a very spiritual stone that carries the energy you wish to have in your life, such as self-confidence or creativity . I use it to help manifest that energy into reality." The purple haired girl turned around to teach the pickpocket more about her stone. She startled Siyeon a bit, who thought the woman didn't hear her.

When the woman saw her face, she instantly recognized her. "Siyeon? Is that you? It's been awhile."

"Wait...Lily? You look so different now! How are you?"

"I'm doing better now. Thanks to you, I was able to survive high school. As you might have noticed, I still practice spirituality and I even opened up my own shop. Come by sometime if you need to manifest some good energy."

"Thank you. I will. Um, sorry for trying to steal from you." Siyeon said awkwardly.

"It's perfectly fine. I understand. We gotta do what we have to do. If you ever need anything, just let me know and I'm not just talking spiritually. I'm here for you." She looked at Siyeon, a bit worried with the situation she's in right now.

"I'll let you know if I do. Thanks. So...your reaction to getting your stone pickpocketed is to explain what it is? You weren't panicked that you lost something valuable to you?"

"I'm passionate about the subject." Lily giggled. "I don't carry money on me anyway. Plus, I know pickpockets wouldn't hurt me. It would bring attention to them."

"Oh, makes sense. Um... So..." Siyeon wanted to change the subject due to this awkward situation. "What's your sister doing now?" Lily has a twin sister. They knew each other from high school. Her sister and Siyeon were the only ones Lily ever talked to. It's been a long time since Siyeon saw her too.

"Oh, Jiu? She works as a security guard at Red Sun Casino right now. She's doing pretty well for herself."

"That's good to hear. Do you still keep in touch with her?"

"A bit. It's been a couple months since I last talked to her. I've got to get going. Remember what I said. I'll always be happy to help."

"Don't worry, I'll remember. See ya!"

"Oh! Almost forgot! Here. It'll be hard to find the place if you don't know where it is." Lily laughed as she handed Siyeon the store's pamphlet. They both went the opposite direction after they said goodbye again.

Siyeon considered Lily a great person. People made fun of her for her spirituality back in school, but Siyeon stood up for her. Thanks to that act of kindness, school became less of a hell for Lily. Siyeon didn't really believe in this whole spirituality thing, but that's no reason to bully someone.

She didn't know if all Lily was trying to do was to just repay her for her kindness, but she looked at the pamphlet. decide to stop into her shop the next day.