Ch. 60: Chase

Just letting you know that this chapter is a really long one again.

Gahyeon sat in the driver's seat tapping her fingers on the steering wheel as she looked through her rearview mirror. She's been through many waits like this and just like the others, they were just as boring. At least she had Handong to talk to during the first half of the night. When she left, all Gahyeon had was her thoughts. 

For all the other jobs, she didn't really care for her teammates. It was just a job. They never spent time with each other outside the robberies. There were less things to worry about on her end since all she had to do was drive. She was just doing the thing that she's done for years. This time was completely different.

Not only is she helping out a longtime friend, but she also has a girlfriend to watch out for and now that Handong's inside the casino, she didn't know her fate. Yes, Gahyeon had her thoughts to accompany her as always, but now they have a new layer to them. The longer it took, the more her worries grew. She could radio them all on their progress, but she was afraid that she might interfere with Dami's contact with them and thus interfere with the mission. She was completely in the dark and she needed to see that glimmer of hope of everyone she cares about being ok.

 She had the mirror facing the elevator area, but that's not the part she focused on. Not far from it was a vent grate. Every other time she looked back at it, it was left unmoving. This time around, she saw it shake. The shakes then turned to banging. 

Gahyeon immediately got out of the car and went to help get the vent grate off. Noticing that it was still screwed in tightly, Gahyeon ran back to the trunk, grabbed the battery-powered screw gun she always carried with her during emergencies, and went back to the grate to loosen the screws. "Alright, now try." 

"Get out of the way!" She heard Handong's voice shout through the dark duct before the grate went flying.

"Baby! You're ok!" Gahyeon immediately ran into a hug.

"Of course, I am. I wouldn't leave you alone like this." Handong tightened the hug. 

"I don't mean to ruin your little moment, but can somebody help me?!" Gahyeon was able to recognize that voice as well. 

Gahyeon backed out of the hug so that Handong can pull the other person and the bags out. "Queen? What are you doing here? Why aren't you with Wolf? Why are you still in the suits?"

"Things got a little complicated. Hound got stuck talking to a security guard. She's fine, so we don't really have to worry about her. Rabbit, though. Panda wouldn't tell me what happened with her. All she said was that she was unable to do it. I hope she's ok."

"I'm sure Panda would say otherwise if something really terrible happened, right? We'll just ask about it afterwards." Gahyeon reassured her. 

Sua remained silent in thought for a moment longer before moving on. "When those two were unavailable, we were the only choices left. I know you had to stay with the car and Wolf couldn't do it, so the two of us went in instead."

"Oh, right. Closed spaces."

"You know?" Handong asked.

"Yeah, she's been my friend for a while. One time, I tried to show her a mod I put in one of my cars. She refused to look under it, even after I reassured her that she would be completely safe. I'm glad you didn't force her through that situation."

"Of course, I wouldn't. I'm not that desperate for money. I'd never make her go through that no matter the circumstance."

"Where is she now?"