Ch.34: Metal Maze and Drunken Daze

"Alright, Queen. Are you ready?"

"In a moment." Sua was at the side of the building. Before entering, she threw some jammers up at the surrounding cameras near the building. "Okay, now I'm ready." Entering the place would be the hard part. The vent was at an upward angle. She would have to fight gravity on a surface that had no traction. She had tennis shoes on, but she didn't know if it would be enough on the seemingly slippery surface. That wasn't the only problem she had to deal with. The vents would also be completely dark. Thankfully, she was supplied with a small pair of night vision goggles. She put them on her head and got herself into position. "A better question is, are you ready? You're the one that's guiding me. I don't want to be lost in the vents forever."

"Don't worry, baby. I'll get you there and back without a problem."

"Do you have my location now? I'm on the east side of the building towards the back. Do you see a vent there?"

Back at the van in front of the casino, Siyeon searched for the place on the map. "Yep, I do. You can go on ahead."

"Copy." Sua was in full mission mode. She had no time for playfulness from this moment on. She had to focus on the slide-shaped entrance. Luckily, she was able to make it through with minimal slips. "Right now, I'm heading straight. I'm gonna stop when I can see where I'm at." Siyeon started to draw a line slowly on the floor plan until Sua said anything. "I stopped. I'm at a crossroads, but I know I'm around the slots that are near the cashier's desk." Sua was happy that vent grates were a thing. She was able to orient herself when she started to feel lost. It kept her from going crazy. "The roulette area should be towards the left side of the building. I think if I head left, it'll start leading me there. I'm gonna start going that way." Siyeon stopped drawing the line at the place she mentioned and continued with Sua's directions. They went through this process for about an hour with some dead ends along the way. Eventually, they were near the roulette table. "Alright, I'm gonna take a right."

Before Sua could head in that direction, Siyeon panicked a bit. "Shit! Shit! Shit! A couple steps before this, did you say a left or a right. I might have made a mistake."

Sua had to think. "I think it was a right? Hold on." She had to mentally retrace her steps. "Yes, it was a right. You got to pay attention! I don't want to be stuck with whatever else is crawling up here."

"You'll be fine. I'll make sure you'll make it out, even if I have to crawl in there myself to get you."

"Babe, let's not go that far. I'm going to head right. You have your place on the map again?"

"Yep, keep going."

Through the grate, Sua located an unfamiliar hallway. "I think I'm close. Hold on. Let me take this left." There was an exit grate as soon as she turned. If it wasn't for the difference in temperature, she might have passed it. The room connected to it was dark. She adjusted the night vision goggles and tried to look through the grate. She wanted to get a good visual before she spoke. "I think found it, Wolf."

"What's in there?"

"Give me a sec." It was hard to spot details with the night vision goggles. They were on the fairly cheap side of their heist gear. She checked to see if anyone was in the room. Seeing that the coast was clear, she took off her goggles and turned on her flashlight to get a better look at the items inside. "So far, not much. There's just a table and shelves with a bunch of metal chests on them. I have no idea what could be in them. I'm gonna leave a camera here, just in case, before we go back." They wanted to film what happened in this room. Mostly to see if it's worth it, but also to see if there was something there to incriminate them. "It might be something we should check out. Be sure the others figure out when he goes in there."