Chapter 10- Mistake

Hey Guys! If you like it so far please vote, follow and comment. I am open to your feedback and ideas. I love reading your comments and feedback and I really appreciate them. I'll be posting regularly so if you want to continue reading it don't forget to add it to your library and your reading list. Please share it with others too. :)

In her office, Tara was still thinking about Mycroft. She knew she was treading into dangerous territory but she couldn't help herself. The loss of control she felt around the man was scaring her nevertheless, she enjoyed his company.

With great difficulty, she began to focus on her work. Being an owner of a small business, she preferred to do a lot of the work herself. She got to checking her accounts, stocks, deliveries, payments, etc. She shuffled the papers and files on her desk trying to find a receipt. If she didn't find the receipt, she might not get paid. She started to look everywhere in panic. Rummaging through the drawers she found something she had almost forgotten about. She held a tiny velvet box, opening it as tears blurred her visions. The receipt she was looking for was all but forgotten. She held it close to her heart and shed silent tears, as fond memories came flooding. She put the box where it belonged, dried her tears, and got back to work.

Grace noticed that the glow and happiness she saw on her boss's face in the morning was gone. She observed her boss's tear-stained face and red eyes. She would ask but she was afraid, she would only upset the woman so she left it alone. As usual, Tara let Grace go home early and decided to close up alone.

As she packed the last of the cheesecake to be kept in the walk-in freezer, she felt hands grab her waist from behind. Her instinct was to pull away but she didn't when she heard the person's voice.

'I told you it is not very safe to be alone this late at night' Mycroft whispered into her ears.

'Mycroft' she breathed.

'Tara' he said kissing her neck.

'Mycroft, I can't' she said as she got out of his grip

'What's wrong?' Mycroft was taken by surprise.

Tara opened her mouth to speak but she couldn't get the words out.

'Tara. Is there a problem?' he asked softly with concern.

Her face drained off all color 'I can't do this.'

'Are we going too fast?' he couldn't understand. She had seemed very comfortable so far. He thought she was okay with their pace.

'No, you're wrong. I don't feel the same way.' She lied. She didn't feel like she could tell him the truth. She couldn't bear to tell him the truth.

Mycroft felt his heart shatter into a million pieces

Mycroft felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. He felt ridiculous for letting his heart get the better of his mind. Internally screaming at himself for not listening to the voice in his head that said 'Sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side' 'Caring is not an advantage.' He felt humiliated. He should have never trusted her. How could he be so weak, let himself get roped into this? He wanted to keep what was left of his dignity. He quickly gathered himself and left without a word, leaving Tara alone at the bakery.

Edited by- Akshita765

If you liked this chapter, please vote.

Thank you for reading!