finishing last

During one of our classes, Aizawa said we had to jog a 5km run around the school building. Some of us were complaining, but those who were eager to do so just wanted to get out to the outdoors. Our class wore our training suits for the occasion, waiting on the starting line while Sensei stood with his timer.

"You can't use your quirks for this. This isn't a race, so if you start running, you'll lose stamina. This'll test your endurance and how well you're able to stay on your feet. But the one who finishes last has to clean the classroom all by themselves. Got it?"

After Aizawa blew the whistle, all 20 of us started jogging. At first I was able to catch up with those who were first like Iida, Midoriya and Bakugou. But as time passed by, I started to get shortness of breath, and every time I breathed, I could feel my lungs getting tighter.

"Are you ok, (l/n)?" Asui asked, hopping.

"Yeah," Hagakure worried, "You're sweating all over, and we've only been running for five minutes."

I panted and wheezed, trying to pull myself together.

"I-I'm fine!" I stammered, "Y-You don't have to worry about me! I-I can do this!"

The two girls looked at each other, and went on ahead, leaving me behind.

"D-Damn it!" I cussed, "T-This would've been so much easier if I was allowed to use my skateboard!"

About fifteen minutes had passed, and some of my classmates had already finished their run. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that even Mineta had finished before me. I was so bummed out, I lost strength with every person that completed the run. Midway through my 5km, I started coughing to the point where I couldn't control it. I stopped running for a moment before reaching my 3rd lap, resting my hands over my knees as I coughed, trying to regulate my breathing.

"Come on, (l/n)," Aizawa rushed me, "You're running behind. If you don't speed this up, you'll end up last."

I slowly raised my head and met Bakugou's intimidating eyes as he stood amos from those who finished early. He stared at me with disgust, repulsed, and I couldn't do anything about it. I grinded my teeth, frustrated, and made my feet move despite being tired.

In the end, I almost passed out before I could finish my last run. I was the only one who didn't finish, and Aizawa made sure to give me my supplies to clean our classroom.