metal siblings

Afterwards, we were all told we needed to find Hero Agencies to gain some experience in the field. Some of us were struggling to find one, but I had my eyes set in the same workplace my brother was. Of course I was accepted, and when school ended, I returned home as I rode my skateboard through the streets.

When I got there, I placed down my bag beside the door and took off my shoes, and to my surprise, I saw my own brother standing against the wall, smiling at me.

"(b/n)," I called out, "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at work right now?"

(b/n) shook his head, walking toward me. He was still in his hero suit, so I assumed he was back from work.

"We haven't seen each other in weeks and this is the welcome I receive?" he joked, "You really are something, (y/n)."

I smiled at him and hugged him tight. I missed my brother a lot, and seeing him come home safe brought joy to my life.

"I'm here because I wanted to see you," he added, "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

The two of us sat down on the couch, catching up on our lives.

"Now enough about me," (b/n) stated, "I saw you in the Sport's Festival. You were outstanding, (y/n). I'm really proud of you."

I smiled, but when I turned to look at (b/n), he didn't seem very happy.

"Although you showed prominent skill on the field, I've been receiving messages from the principal saying you were going to school late and failing most of your classes by refusing to fight."

I flinched, scratching the back of my neck, embarrassed.

"Haha... You know about that?"

"Yes, (y/n)," (b/n) frowned, "What happened? The principal even said you fainted during one of your classes. I've been worried sick about you."

I avoided my brother's look, ashamed.

"I-I know..." I admitted, "But I'm slowly getting better. I promised them I'd stop backing down."

I closed my eyes, holding my own hands tightly.

"(b/n)... What happened back in the Sport's Festival with Iida," I mumbled, "I just couldn't bring myself to-"

"That's alright," he reassured me, "I understand."

"I-I could've hurt him with my quirk!" I said as I looked down at my hands again, "This is why I hate using it sometimes! What if I had broken his legs?!"

"But you didn't," (b/n) corrected, "And because you sacrificed your victory, Iida is still running freely, right?"

My older brother shifted his eyes with a serious expression.

"Sometimes our quirks are too strong for us to control," he explained, "and we end up hurting the ones we love. But you've shown me that you value your comrades more than your own status. You refused to fight him because you knew you could've hurt Iida."

I turned to look at (b/n) in the eye, shocked.

"And that's what makes you a great hero, (y/n)."

I hugged my brother again, relieved.

"Oh. And I almost forgot," (b/n) told me, "I know you've applied at the same Agency that I am to gain some experience in the field. So I asked the chief if I could be your supervisor."

My eyes sparkled bright, excited.

"Really? That's awesome!"

"And here. This is for you, (y/n)..."

(b/n) placed down something wrapped up in a cloth on my lap. I didn't know what it was until I opened it, and when I held it in my arms, I thanked my brother for the gift he had given me.