2 ⊷ Teamwork

look at himmm 

2

The day was coming to an end. Orange light flooded the remote area. 

And that deep orange that the sunset emitted faded in perfectly with the mix of crimson and dirt brown that shimmered on the man's face that was bashed in beyond recognition. 

Somewhat morbid but the colours were pretty. 

Renjun tilted his head to the side as he crouched down next to the deceased. 

"Gross," he muttered as he let his eyes wander over the corpse. "Why exactly is this a job for us though? I thought the police was investigating this?" 

He was right. 

Not long ago, the police arrived at the scene after a driver had spotted the corpse next to a remote road that connected a part of the densely populated city with the grey in grey industrial district not far from it. 

However, soon after they had arrived, they already left again. They had gotten a call from their boss who had gotten a call from Chenle who, in turn, had gotten a call himself. 

"The prosecution requested it," Chenle answered briefly. 

"Who exactly?" Renjun inquired. 

"Jungwoo." He sighed. "He's keeping something from us though." 

Jisung raised a brow as he looked at his friend. "How do you know?" 

"Just a feeling." 

But that was enough. Chenle was a smart boy with great intuition. Hunches, gut feelings - you could trust him with these matters.  

Renjun sighed. "Why ask us for help then withhold information? How bothersome." 

"In other news," Chenle added, his tone already making it obvious that he wasn't going to say anything good, "Yangyang's gonna get dragged into this too." 

"Why?" Jaemin asked as he started taking pictures of the scene. 

"Because that genius decided to post an article about this case." 

Jisung shrugged. "He's a journalist. That's what he does," he said, pushing the fact aside that it had been merely an hour since the corpse was discovered. 

It was a little quick, he had to admit that. But who knows? One of the police officers might have told him about it. 

Chenle was quick to burst Jisung's bubble though. "He knows way too many details about this case." And then he smiled because, quite frankly, he found the whole thing very entertaining. He locked eyes with Haechan who had been listening closely. "More importantly, he posted the article before the police even knew about the corpse." 

Which was a little piece of information that quickly piqued the boys' interest. However, as intriguing as it was, they couldn't help but feel frustrated as well. 

Yangyang had a habit of getting himself involved in tricky situations. He didn't mind getting in trouble though, especially since he knew he didn't do anything wrong. 

The day on which Kun was going to get a heart attack from that boy's shenanigans couldn't be far anymore. 

Haechan couldn't quite decide whether he was annoyed or amused by that, so he pushed out a simple, 
"Seems like everyone is keeping things from us."

"You should do the same then," a soft voice suggested from the sidelines. 

Growing quiet right away, the boys then turned to face the girl that stood there calmly, watching them.