63 ⊷ LTM

63

Ji-yoon hadn't been to LTM in almost two weeks. Wooyoung, much like her siblings and friends, urged her to take it easy and stay at home until she was better. She felt bad for not being of more help, seeing how Taemin had been working more than he usually would, indicating that there was much to do. 

Still, Ji-yoon, for once, had taken the advice of those around her and stayed home. Granted, that was only possible due to Sungchan promising to help out Taemin. But in the end, Ji-yoon managed to keep her distance from work for almost half a month. 

Commendable, in her eyes, and so she came back feeling proud and ready to work. However, as soon as she entered the building, she spotted Jugyeong. Her enthusiasm depleted instantly as it made way and allowed for remorse to settle in. 

Ji-yoon crouched down opposite an unconscious Min-jun. She glimpsed down at her pockets and half-heartedly patted them down until she found the girl's phone. She soon had it in her hand and, to her luck, it could be unlocked using Min-jun's fingerprints. 

"What are you doing?" San asked, curious about her intentions. 

"I'm texting Jugyeong," Ji-yoon explained, sounding conflicted. "This is not the best way to do this but she deserves someone who genuinely likes her anyway, not someone like Min-jun." 

Kai raised a brow. "You're breaking up via text?" 

San hit the older one's side. "What's she supposed to do?" he questioned. "She can't just tell her Min-jun's dead." 

With that, he had to agree. "True, we aren't covering it up for nothing." 

"Just mind your own business," Sungchan commented. He spoke quietly to remain tactful towards Ji-yoon, given that it was evident how conflicted she was. "She doesn't seem happy about it either. Not her fault that her friend's partner is trash." 

San hummed. "You don't speak much but whenever you do, you either make me feel dumb or insulted."  

Sungchan raised a brow. He contemplated replying to that, yet ended up merely shrugging and walking away. 

Already as she walked up to her, Ji-yoon could tell that Jugyeong was feeling down - and understandably so. She bit down on her bottom lip, feeling overwhelmed by guilt. 

"Hey there," Ji-yoon greeted the girl, voice soft and yet she tried not to make it too obvious that she felt sympathetic for her without officially having been told why. 

Jugyeong seemed a bit startled. She looked up, pondering expression replaced with that of relief. 

"Ji-yoon," she called her name, "I didn't see you in a while. How are you?" 

"I am good," she replied swiftly, not interested in talking about herself. And so she quickly asked, "How about you?" 

"I am..." Jugyeong began, yet lost track of what she wanted to say. She glanced to the side, the weight of her mood dragging down the corners of her lips. 

"I am not feeling that good," she admitted eventually and looked back at the girl before her. "But I won't let it affect my work, don't worry!" 

Ji-yoon smiled and stepped past the counter. "It's okay," Ji-yoon assured before giving her a hug. "Take it easy, hm?" 

Jugyeong hesitated before also laying her arms around her. She hummed. "Thank you." 

When she pulled away, she kept her hands on her shoulder for a moment and gave them a squeeze. She smiled.