44 ⊷ Accusations

it's been so long I am so sorry 

on a more positive note, I survived this semester and am back to continue this story

on an even more positive note, Haechan is gorgeous even when he rolls his eyes  

44

Ji-yoon grabbed the remote and turned the volume of the TV even further up. 

This caught Taemin's attention who had been quietly working at his desk. Nothing surprising given that, well, this was his office after all.

He looked at the girl that watched the screen excitedly.

Taemin, however, didn't bother to ask what it was, as the voice of a reporter escaped the TV's speakers soon after. He looked at the screen too, eyes momentarily getting stuck on the headline on it. Short and concise, it read:

JYP murder allegations

"Wait, they are actually talking about--"

"Shh!" Ji-yoon shushed him, worried she might miss out on something.

Getting recognized by mainstream media and finally being given such a big platform was thrilling. While WayV had a large audience online, a significant part of the population had yet to even hear about the newspaper. Besides, having their article discussed on national television meant that they had hit a nerve.

"...by the independent online newspaper WayV makes serious allegations against the company's CEO. Allegedly CEO Park instigated the attempted murder of an employee of LTM as well as a DREAM special agent. The article references anonymous sources and asks readers for patience as a release of further information is planned but, due to safety reasons, has been delayed. The close connection between JYP and the city's government..."

A knock on the door led Taemin's eyes to wander away from the screen. He realized that his sister was too immersed in the news story to react and so he went ahead and offered the person on the other side a welcoming,

"Come in!" The oldest watched the door closely until he saw who it was. "Haechan," Taemin called the boy's name upon entering the office. "What are you doing here?"

Ji-yoon looked to her left without hesitation now, eyes falling on the boy immediately. A smile graced her lips. It came automatically. Haechan almost hadn't realized it - that she didn't even think about it whenever she did it and that seeing him alone was all she needed to smile.

He wouldn't have noticed if he weren't going through the same thing right now.

"Sunshine," she greeted him. "How are you? Do you need anything?"

And just like that, he smiled. "I just wanted to check in on you. You guys and WayV are pretty busy nowadays, so I was wondering whether I could help you."

He took a few steps inside, closed the door behind him. He made sure to look at Taemin to see if he was okay with him being here, yet all he got was a wary look, as Taemin was unsure about Haechan's behaviour and the sudden offer to help.

"We are good for now, I would say," Taemin said, yet looked at his sister briefly. "Or do you need anything?"

The girl was quick to nod. She took a step towards Haechan, grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the sofa. With both hands on his shoulders, she gently pushed against them until he sat down.

"Good company," she said. "If you have nothing better to do, you can stay and keep us company."

Taemin raised a brow. "'Us'?" he wondered, leading the girl to correct,