Chapter 43-Strength

Here's Chapter 43! I hope you guys enjoy and keep reading at the end for an important authors note. This is a pretty short chapter since I'm piled under schoolwork. This chapter is not edited because I have no time to do anything besides sleep and doing homework.

Disclaimer all rights go to Ally Carter, I only own the plot

Chapter 43-Strength

Cammie pov

"I went to see Josh not use the bathroom." I blurted it out quickly. He had a mixed reaction it was hard to choose one over another.

"Tell me I heard that right." I nodded my head ready to launch into an explanation in a heartbeat. Before I could he walked back a few steps running a hand through his hair which still had the green wig in it. His expression was pained and hurt. It broke my heart to know I caused him any kind of emotional suffering.

"Don't leave" I call out trying to keep the insecurities out of my voice and failing miserably. He moved to face me again, his expression once again changing. "Do you think I'm stupid enough to make that mistake again." It made me feel a lot better that we weren't going to break up. I knew we wouldn't break up over something like this but I still had my insecurities.

I didn't know how to reply to that. Was it a rhetorical question or was I supposed to say something back. Either way it was a safe bet to change the subject.

"Just let me explain." Great now I made it seem like I did something wrong when I didn't.

"That's what I want to know. So then explain it to me. Why couldn't you be honest with me? " On any other occasion I would say that he was being sarcastic, but not this time. He was serious, dead serious.

I could tell the wheels were turning in his head. I knew I had to start explaining.

"I was going to tell you but Tina made that big scene and-" I was starting when he cut me off with a scoff.

"Sure you were, you're such a hypocrite!" He raised his voice slightly. I frowned. "Don't you think I know that already? Don't you know I'm beating myself over this? I whisper to him gently. I didn't want to start a fight. That was never my intention. Therefore I won't raise my voice to add to the conflict.

"Just let me tell you my reasons before you jump to conclusions" He nodded sighing once more. "I needed to make sure he was ok. I wanted to make sure he was doing ok adjusting to the move since I was the reason he moved. I needed closure to make sure I didn't ruin his life, that I didn't make him come out here for no reason." I took a deep breath before adding "I couldn't live with that guilt. Plus we didn't do anything except a friendly hug." I can't believe I managed to get that all out in two breaths.

I waited for him to say something, to say anything. The seconds dragged onto minutes which felt like eternities. "Do you believe me?" I asked him. I know I did the right thing by checking up on Josh to make sure he was ok, the only thing I did wrong was doing it behind his back and not telling him which I eventually did.

"I believe you" I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Its amazing how a few little words could make you feel so good. I instantly felt relieved.

He stayed silent for a while after that. I was a little worried he might go away, but he looked like he was about to say something. It was obvious he was thinking because of the little crinkle his forehead that he did whenever he was trying to concentrate.

"Do you still care about him?" What kind of question was that? Wait was this what he was insecure about?

"No I stopped liking him a long time ago. He was just a rebound. Even when I was with him all I thought about was you." I walked a step closer to him moving further away from the door. I stopped when I was less than an arms length away from him. I moved my hand to touch his arm. He didn't flinch which was a good sign but he had no other reaction. "I love you Zach, I always will."