Chapter 50- Connections

I updated on time!! Or sort of :) Forst off thanks so much for all your support on this story. I just found out that we are up to 32K reads!!!! I am speechless. You guys are amazing. Secondly I want to give a special thanks to Tsanderson9 for giving me some ideas for this chapter, I loved it by the way ;) and now onto the chapter. 

Chapter 50- Connections

 Cammie pov 

 I couldn't keep my mouth shut until the car was parked in front of my house. I tried to keep it in as long as I could, I really did. It became harder as we got closer. I wanted to blurt it out from the top of my lungs. The thing was I didn't want to ruin his good day. I know for sure that he would be at least annoyed at how I got my information. Heck he might even deny it.

Either way he had a right to know as it involved him. Or was that just the excuse I was using to justify my "I told you so". 

He told me more about his afternoon with his mother. He went into more detail about the things they talked about. He explained to me why she left him. He explained to me their fears and their worries. I was glad he felt a lot better. Zach informed me of when he was going to meet up with his mother next. She even offered to take him in so he could move in with her. I was so happy for him. It was a turning point in his life. Ever since we walked out of the hospital he has been so happy. The radiance of his smile rivaled the suns. Nothing could make him upset, that is until someone rained in his parade. And in this instance I'm the storm cloud. 

On an unrelated note I was glad he was able to get the name of his father. I promised to track him down. There was something familiar about the name. I know I heard of Edward Townsend before, I just can't place it. Why am I imagining an accent? Something inside my gut was telling me to ask my aunt. What was wrong with me? I usually remember these things. All this stress is really starting to get to me. 

 Finally I told myself enough was enough. I took a deep breath as soon as he put the car into park. "Josh was the one to send me the letter." I closed my eyes in a futile attempt to delay his reaction. 

"What do you mean?" he asked me. I sighed before plunging into my story. 

 "I got bored when you were are the hospital so I began texting random people."

"And you started with him."Zach said grumpy. I shot him a glare that basically told him not to interrupt me. I won't let over-protective Zach do anything irrational and ruin a nice day. 

 "For your information he was the last person I texted, everyone else got annoyed at my spam. He asked me if I got his letter and that was when things began to click. I tried asking him more information but he made some stupid excuse and refused to answer any of my texts." 

 Underneath his breath my immature boyfriend mumbled, "He's stupid." And for this occasion I had to agree with him. Josh could have at least made a descent excuse.

"Then I came back to the hospital and when I saw you, you looked so happy I didn't want to ruin it with this." I stopped there because I had nothing else to say. There was nothing else to say, I said it all. 

"How do know he wasn't lying. What if he was just talking to you because he wants to get back with you. For all we know he could still have feelings for you." He sounded jealous, that was obvious. He was trying to mask it with annoyance (even though I'm pretty sure he felt that too). 

 I gave him an incredulous look. Did he really doubt me that much? I had to set him straight.

"He doesn't, there were other reasons and you know it. Besides who cares if he did. I am not leaving you. I'm in this relationship for the long run." He leaned in and kissed me gently. I hope what I said sunk into his thick skull.