Chapter 56- Double Date part 1

Chapter 56-Double Date part 1

Cammie pov

Our double date was in a few hours and I was freaking out. I would by lying if I said I was not nervous, this would be the first one on one experience I would have with Townsend. I hope Zach was doing a better job of not freaking out like I was. Who am I kidding, he is probably more worried than I am.

I made a group chat with Liz, Bex and Macey to find the perfect outfit. I want to send the right impression to my aunts boyfriend. Getting ready would have been a lot easier if the girls and I agreed on something to wear. I wanted to put on some clean jeans and a nice sweater, maybe some jewelry. Bex wanted me to wear one of the sweater dresses I had in the back of my closet, I refused because wearing a dress while ice skating (no matter how skilled you are) is impractical. Macey argued with her with almost the same suggestion. Instead of a dress she offered a skirt. I kept telling them the problems of their choice but all they did was give me spam messages. Liz was the only helpful one, she told me to go to my gut. And my gut was telling me to be comfortable.

I settled with a thick red sweater, dark jeans and riding boots even though I would switch them out for skates later. I put some black circular earrings and a silver ring with minimal makeup. I felt it was casual but it was dressy enough for a date.

My phone vibrated as I put it into my pocket. I sighed thinking it was Macey and Bex arguing via text when I accidentally glanced at it. My second guess would have been Zach since he was texting me all day. He even asked me what he should wear. I told him to look like his handsome self and he responded quickly telling me flattery would get him to stop asking me. He was taking this date more seriously than I initially anticipated. I think he wants to make a goes and strong impression with Townsend because in their last interaction Zach started to freak out, to put it lightly. I am happy for him and hope this night turns out to be what both of us imagined.

Anyway the text as from Abby telling me that she was excited for the date and Townsend was too. Also they would be coming soon which prompted me to tell Zach to get his butt over here now. He assured me that he was already on his way over.

I went downstairs to wait for Zach. My parents were in the living room watching some random show in tv. Whenever my mom talked to her sister somehow the conversation would end up with the double date. I am pretty sure my mom is tired of hearing it. On the other hand, Aunt Abby was very enthusiastic about what was to come. It made me wonder what she had up her sleeve,

"What tine are you coming back?" Joe asked turning the tv off and looking really serious. I gave him a weird look before replying, "I don't know, before my curfew." He gave a curt nod and picked up the newspaper lying next to him. My mom was too busy looking at the stack of papers in her lap to notice what we were saying.

Thankfully the doorbell rang saving us from an awkward silence. I rushed to get the door. Zach had his hand poised to knock when I swung it open. "Hey." He said giving me a warm smile. I gave him a peck on the cheek. "Hey yourself, you look nice." Well he looked like he normally did which I said before was handsome.

He did go with my suggestion and looked normal. He was wearing a red plaid flannel and a leather jacket. "Hello Mrs. Morgan and Mr Solomon." They looked up from what they were doing to greet him back before resuming what they were previously doing.

"Are you nervous?" I ask like an idiot. I want to smack myself afterward. Obviously he is nervous, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. He gives me a weak smile. "I am trying to push down my nervousness to make the most of this. I keep telling myself that everything will be ok." I pat his shoulder affectionately.

"You are going to be fine, and the worse that could happen is that you fall. When we went ast time you only fell 6 times." 6 times was a huge improvement. We went ice skating 4 times before the date tonight. Ar first he fell 16 times, and after that he was slowly improving. I was proud of him.