Chapter 76- Prom Night Part 1

Cammie pov

Tonight was prom, for some reason we had a day off of school. Not that I'm complaining about that, I just didn't need that much time to get dressed. On the other hand, Macey has the exact opposite opinion. She came over to my house, along with the rest of the girls and claimed my room as her dress up station.

"Why can't we go to your house?" I complained as Bex almost elbowed me in the ribs trying on her dress. Maey by far had the largest room, with the most adequate space.

"My parents were home." Macey told us simply. "Besides, it's more fun here." I knew that wasn't the only reason. Macey had issues with her parents, they all found it uncomfortable to be in the same room together. Plus, her parents were snobs who only cared about their reputation, and Macey liked to rebel against them.

"Cammie, what are you doing just sitting there! Why didn't you put your dress on?" Macey interrogated me. I shrugged, we had over 2 hours until our dates were going to pick us up.

"We have plenty of time, besides, I don't have much to do." I tell her plugging in the hair straightener. Everything else will take a half hour at most.

"Go put on your dress. Now." She said looking at me through her curling iron. When I didn't move she held it up threateningly. "I'm not asking you." And I gulped, forgetting how scary she could be with her cosmetic products, A.K.A her torture weapons.

"Fine." I say before rushing off to change into my dress. I had to buy a strapless bra for this dress, so it better be worth it. And by that I mean I hope it doesn't slide off in the middle of dancing, that would be embarrassing. I bet Zach would laugh.

I still can't believe he asked me to go to prom. We haven't spoken much about it after he asked me, mostly because I was worried he would change his mind at the last minute. It's not that I don't have faith in him, I'm just know the deep grip his insecurities have on him.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Bex almost knocked the door down. I quickly slipped on my dress, and the black pumps Macey chose to match. They were too high for me to walk in, but of course Macey didn't care and said I needed them to complete the entire outfit together.

Once I put my dress on, Macey forced me to sit on a chair while she did my hair and makeup. I had never been more bored in my life. And she wouldn't even let me look in the mirror. I had to entertain myself by listening to Bex help Liz.

"Are you done yet?" I asked Macey after waiting as patiently as I could without wanting to die of boredom.

"Almost, now stop moving before I poke you in the eye." And a few minutes later we were done. I hardly recognized myself, I didn't look ordinary anymore. Macey let my hair out in soft waves across my shoulder. I had on red lipstick, and winged eyeliner, something I would never be able to do on my own. I put on my floral necklace my father got me, along with the bracelet Zach got me for Christmas.

Macey picked a teal floor-length, dress with lace sleeves. It fit her perfectly. She paired it with a silver clutch, pearl earrings and a small diamond statement necklace. She put her hair in a simple updo with a light pink lipstick and some mascara. She looked like a model.

Bex looked fierce in her hi-lo purple strapless dress, and matching lilac pumps, with her silver necklace and ring. She had her hair in a simple high ponytail with light pink lip gloss. Liz looked cute and innocent in her vintage pink dress, with a lace overlay. Macey picked out a pair of lace pumps, a flower crown and floral studs.

We couldn't help but take pictures of each other to remember how good we looked. Those were Bex's words not mine. We had to cut the picture taking when there was a car loudly honking outside. Bex grabbed her clutch and shoved her phone inside.